Windows 10: Display Port monitor not working with windows

Discus and support Display Port monitor not working with windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've posted about this before with no help so I'm hoping this one gets more traction. Just to be clear, no the power cable isnt the issue, and neither... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FrostySmags, May 20, 2020.

1. Display Port monitor not working with windows

I've posted about this before with no help so I'm hoping this one gets more traction.

Just to be clear, no the power cable isnt the issue, and neither are the display port cables. I know this from using my xbox on the monitor as well as the monitor is able to show the boot loading screen prior to windows starting up. Once that happens the monitor reads "display port - no signal."

This all started with a windows update, I've already tried uninstalling the update multiple times however upon reboot it reinstalls itself. This happened with the may update not last month's update, It's been like this for 1 week now and is very irritating - any solutions?

submitted by /u/FrostySmags
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FrostySmags, May 20, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, May 20, 2020
  3. 2nd Monitor on HDMI port not working on Dell 8900

Hi Mak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing/ connecting to the external monitor. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the external monitor?
    • Have you tried using different cable and check if the issue persists?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to update/install the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa
    and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2020
  4. Display Port monitor not working with windows

Swap display port and HDMI port ourputs on Windows 10, Dell XPS 8920

The answer to your question is "yes" I want monitor 2 as the "primary" monitor. While after following the suggested steps and rebooting, it initially appears that the screens have switched. However, the display tab window still shows the older monitor as
    #1 and when I click the "identify" button the black number squares seem to verify that the older monitor connected to the "display port" is still #1. Since on reboot the HDMI port monitor came up first for my windows 10 log in, I have to assume it is now the
    "primary" monitor, contrary to the visual information in the display tab window. Very confusing as I ASSUMED (you know what that does) that "display #1" and "primary" meant the same thing.

Thanks for your information and do I just ignore the contrary display information? Could this have something to do with a BIOS setting in the Dell tower? Capt. Brigg

BriggFranklin, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Display Port monitor not working with windows

1. Display Port monitor not working with windows - Similar Threads - Display Port monitor

2. Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10. USB-C Display Port No Signal. External monitor no longer working.: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P51s running Windows 10.I always use an Asus Zenscreen secondary monitor via USB-C. Lately, my PC does not recognize it. That USB-C port on my computer is able to recognize my phone and other devices. The Zenscreen works via the same USB-C cable on my...
  3. Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?: I've an Asus Prime Z690 Wifi D4 + Intel I7 12700k processor with Intel Integrated UHD Intel 770 graphic card updated all to latest drivers If I plug it using Hdmi output to a Philips 241b8q monitor and it works very well installed latest drivers But If I plug the computer...
  4. Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not work with Monitor in Display Port, but HDMI ¿?: I've an Asus Prime Z690 Wifi D4 + Intel I7 12700k processor with Intel Integrated UHD Intel 770 graphic card updated all to latest drivers If I plug it using Hdmi output to a Philips 241b8q monitor and it works very well installed latest drivers But If I plug the computer...
  5. monitor works with hdmi but not display port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    monitor works with hdmi but not display port: recently my monitor (dell u2412h) started glitching with horizontal lines flashing on the screen on and off in a continuos pattern (1 sec off 1 sec on). then one afternoon i restarted my pc and the displayport wasnt working anymore. tried the hdmi cable, and that one worked....
  6. Display port not working

Display port not working: I’m having an issue, when I use my display port on my gpu I get “no signal” on my monitor. This is not the case when I use hdmi. Does why one know how to fix the display port not having signal? submitted by /u/LozCawley123 [link] [comments]...
  7. Second Display Port Monitor not working

Second Display Port Monitor not working: So I bought a new monitor and I connected it to the first display port from my GPU. I want to use my second monitor who was plugged with DVI-D but the cable was short so i searched on google and my old monitor supports 144 hz full hd with display port too so i bought one...
  8. White flicker on monitor using Display port.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White flicker on monitor using Display port.: I have a Rx560 and which ever monitor is plugged into display port or DVI has this slight white flicker as shown here https://imgur.com/BABqZGh monitor on left is plugged into display port, one on the right is HDMI. I have tried other cables and adapters, reinstalled the...
  9. Display port for HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port for HDMI not working: I cannot get the second monitor to work. It seems there is no output signal from display port for HDMI. I'm wondering if there is some setting that need to be done? (The monitor (HP LA2306x) is working fine with another computer)...
  10. Mini Display port not working when connected to monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mini Display port not working when connected to monitor: HI, Im using a MSI GT60 2QD notebook with Windows 10 home(1803). When i conneted to LG 34UC98 monitor via Mini Display port, my notebook didn't appear any external monitor selection for my to chooose. I had tried "uninstall and re-install display driver", "changed the other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display cable port not working