Windows 10: Display port monitor wont stop showing sleep mode screen when laptop is asleep

Discus and support Display port monitor wont stop showing sleep mode screen when laptop is asleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I am using a Dell G7 7500 with an RTX 2070 everything works great except when the laptop goes to sleep. Even though it goes to sleep it doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gegagome, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Display port monitor wont stop showing sleep mode screen when laptop is asleep

Hello

I am using a Dell G7 7500 with an RTX 2070 everything works great except when the laptop goes to sleep.

Even though it goes to sleep it doesnt ever stop showing the entering sleep mode screen. It is almost as if the laptop leaves sleep mode, but screen remains black, and right away reenters sleep mode again.

When using an external display used as extended mode programs that were placed in the external display end up in the laptop display when it goes to sleep. So annoying. I then have to reposition the programs I need in the external display back in the place they were last before the laptop entered sleep mode.

Has anyone gone through this?

I have no trouble waking up the laptop at all, things work as expected except for this minor inconvenience. At night this sleep mode screen even though is black lights up the whole room.

For reference I am using a USB C to displayport cable on an RTX 2070. I updated the drivers using the nvidia experience and same thing.

Could it be the cables? They are from Amazon and while they look and work as expected I am not totally sure they arent at fault here. I even bought a different brand one but the same issue occurs. So weird.

Thanks fellow Windows users

submitted by /u/gegagome
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gegagome, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Vayra86 Win User

Laptop Wont Stop Falling Asleep

If all else fails, you could run a simple script that does some random activity every 3-5 minutes so your laptop never gets into sleep mode.

We use this at work to keep our availability monitors 'alive'.

I would not directly attribute all of this to your SSD, because generally SSD's that have proper firmware get a new energy plan option within the Windows energy plans available, if they want to have altered settings, and if anything an SSD would rather not use sleep mode than get into sleep as often as possible.

Vayra86, Mar 1, 2021
  3. sjohn_az Win User
    Windows sleep mode--computer won't stay asleep

I usually manual enter sleep mode on my computer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can put the computer to sleep but several minutes later the computer "wakes up" again. I have no problems initially going into sleep mode. Computer fan stops, HD stops etc.
    It just doesn't want to stay asleep. Any suggestions?

S. Johnson

sjohn_az, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Chadi Win User

Display port monitor wont stop showing sleep mode screen when laptop is asleep

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Display port monitor wont stop showing sleep mode screen when laptop is asleep [​IMG]

Display port monitor wont stop showing sleep mode screen when laptop is asleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Display port monitor wont stop showing sleep mode screen when laptop is asleep

1. Display port monitor wont stop showing sleep mode screen when laptop is asleep - Similar Threads - Display port monitor

2. Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors 2 wont wake from sleep mode: I know there are lots of questions like this but so far I have not found an answer to my problem so here goes.Recently did a new install of Windows 10 Home on a brand-new SSD as my old version decided not to play anymore and locked up, I could not get passed the "Repairing...
  3. Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor: After upgrading both of my laptops to win 11, they do this weird glitch that renders them useless unless manually restarted.When connected to an external monitor, if they go into sleep mode, they never wake up or respond to any touch input. They have to be manually reset...
  4. Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop refuses to wake from sleep , when it falls asleep when connected to a monitor: After upgrading both of my laptops to win 11, they do this weird glitch that renders them useless unless manually restarted.When connected to an external monitor, if they go into sleep mode, they never wake up or respond to any touch input. They have to be manually reset...
  5. Monitor asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor asleep: Hello community, I need a little help.desk top pc went to sleep while I was typing password. I tried a couple more times. Then I did a restart. Then a hard restart turned it off. Waited a bit and turned it on. Same same so I dove in way over my head and pressed windows and 7...
  6. Monitor asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor asleep: Hello community, I need a little help.desk top pc went to sleep while I was typing password. I tried a couple more times. Then I did a restart. Then a hard restart turned it off. Waited a bit and turned it on. Same same so I dove in way over my head and pressed windows and 7...
  7. Monitor asleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. "no signal"display port to monitor when waking from sleep.

"no signal"display port to monitor when waking from sleep.: this started yesterday,after updating windows.the screen stays dead when waking it,and theres something weird with the kb+mouse,too.kb turns on/off when clicking mouse. please help!...
  9. Do not display the monitor after sleep mode

Do not display the monitor after sleep mode: hi. When the system is turned off from sleep mode Sometimes the monitor does not display. And the monitor screen stays black. But the graphics card is on and the fans are spinning. The keyboard freezes and nothing can be done. I can only restart from the case. This error is...
  10. Laptop Sleeps After connecting to monitor through Display port and closing lid

Laptop Sleeps After connecting to monitor through Display port and closing lid: I already set laptop to never sleeps but every time i close the lid the laptop says locking after a while and lock the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-sleeps-after-connecting-to-monitor-through/5992c0d7-68df-447e-8e92-d648ed3c896d