Windows 10: Display port not working

Discus and support Display port not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m having an issue, when I use my display port on my gpu I get “no signal” on my monitor. This is not the case when I use hdmi. Does why one know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LozCawley123, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Display port not working

I’m having an issue, when I use my display port on my gpu I get “no signal” on my monitor. This is not the case when I use hdmi. Does why one know how to fix the display port not having signal?

submitted by /u/LozCawley123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LozCawley123, Jan 2, 2021
  2. zbook Win User
    zbook, Jan 2, 2021
  3. USB Ports not working

Hi Marvin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB ports on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of the device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.
    • Also, try to update the drivers by click on Update driver software
      under Drivers tab in Properties window.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the USB ports for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Display port not working

USB 2 port not working in Windows 10 on Samsung Notebook

Hi Tomale,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Since all the USB ports are working and the problem is with the USB 3.0 port in the right side of the laptop, then this issue is with that particular port.

You can contact the manufacture of the laptop to get it done.

As a workaround, I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run hardware troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting
      in search box.
    • Select view all on the top left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and follow the prompts to
      run the troubleshooter.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Display port not working

1. Display port not working - Similar Threads - Display port working

2. monitor works with hdmi but not display port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    monitor works with hdmi but not display port: recently my monitor (dell u2412h) started glitching with horizontal lines flashing on the screen on and off in a continuos pattern (1 sec off 1 sec on). then one afternoon i restarted my pc and the displayport wasnt working anymore. tried the hdmi cable, and that one worked....
  3. Second Display Port Monitor not working

Second Display Port Monitor not working: So I bought a new monitor and I connected it to the first display port from my GPU. I want to use my second monitor who was plugged with DVI-D but the cable was short so i searched on google and my old monitor supports 144 hz full hd with display port too so i bought one...
  4. USB-C to Display Port not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C to Display Port not working?: I have an X1 Yoga with Windows 10, attempting to connect to an external HP monitor using one of the two USB-C Thunderbolt ports. I bought a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter from Lenovo, connecting the adapter to the DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor. No signal on...
  5. Display Port monitor not working with windows

Display Port monitor not working with windows: I've posted about this before with no help so I'm hoping this one gets more traction. Just to be clear, no the power cable isnt the issue, and neither are the display port cables. I know this from using my xbox on the monitor as well as the monitor is able to show the boot...
  6. No Display Port Sound

No Display Port Sound: So the problem is as fallows: Upon installing a fresh install of Windows 10 the sound worked fine with my monitor speakers over the Display Port. After installing all the drivers it stopped working. I tracked it down to NVidia panel not recognising the display as audio...
  7. Display Port

Display Port: I am trying to use the Display Port to HDMI. I get the video but not the sound. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-port/6182602c-065d-472b-a413-a23c65762a72
  8. Display port for HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port for HDMI not working: I cannot get the second monitor to work. It seems there is no output signal from display port for HDMI. I'm wondering if there is some setting that need to be done? (The monitor (HP LA2306x) is working fine with another computer)...
  9. Display port failure?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port failure?: My extended desktop, connected to an HDMI tv via display port, quit working a few weeks back. Not sure exactly when - it was working, then once when I tried to access it the tv said "no signal". I bought a different DP to HDMI cable, but no difference. Is there a setting that...
  10. New GTX 1070 Display ports not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New GTX 1070 Display ports not working: So on Friday i thought it was time for a upgrade so i bought a Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1. Current system specs: Asrock x79 Extreme 11 Motherboard Intel Core i7 3970x 32gb Dominator Platinum 8x4gb 1000w EVGA 80+ Gold GTX 1070 G1 (had 2x EVGA 660ti in SLI) When i first...