Windows 10: Display port won't show any video

Discus and support Display port won't show any video in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I was messing around with windows I have a 144hz monitor but I never bothered to actually apply the 144hz so I went into settings and turned it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jametech, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Jametech Win User

Display port won't show any video

So I was messing around with windows I have a 144hz monitor but I never bothered to actually apply the 144hz so I went into settings and turned it on the screen instantly went black and the display port doesn't work anymore I have to use HDMI and now for some reason its displaying extremely low quality now too I can literally see the pixels I don't know what the issue is a restart didn't fix it I disconnected both the monitor and PC from power for like a whole hour and they both are still having this problem please help

:)

Jametech, Sep 9, 2020
  2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Display port won't show any video [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Paul238 Win User

Display shows a T

Thanks for your reply. A reset has fixed the issue! It must have been some sort of display artefact.

Except for this annoying "T", I could use Contacts functionality normally, eg scrolling down all contacts, clicking any letter to go to contacts starting with that letter.

When I first went into the Contacts listing screen the display showed those contacts beginning with a number, as per normal functionality.

When I selected a contact to see their details the T went away, only to come back again when I returned to the Contacts listing screen.

But the reset has cleared it. Once again many thanks.

Paul

Paul238, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Display port won't show any video - Similar Threads - Display port won't

2. Video Display port force output on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Display port force output on Windows: Hello,I am wondering if it is possible to make a Windows PC output on a video connection without the "Auto detect" or "output enable" features that they have unless there is another feature that I don't know about. DVI and HDMI use 3 digital lines for Video, 1 for syncing all...
  3. Video Display port force output on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Display port force output on Windows: Hello,I am wondering if it is possible to make a Windows PC output on a video connection without the "Auto detect" or "output enable" features that they have unless there is another feature that I don't know about. DVI and HDMI use 3 digital lines for Video, 1 for syncing all...
  4. Display port and HDMI do not show on audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display port and HDMI do not show on audio devices: I have no audio at all. I thought it was the amd driver but it is not. I am up to date on both windows 10 and amd and after I did the latest windows 10 I have no hdmi or display port showing on my audio devices....
  5. Video editors won't show video files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video editors won't show video files.: I don't use windows much because I am a linux user so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but today when I tried to install some video editing software I could not import any video clips. For example, I installed kdenlive, but when I attempt to look at the directory where...
  6. One HDMI port won't give display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One HDMI port won't give display: Hey I have bought a used slim ps3 and when I tried to output it's video to my viewsonic 27" led it failed so I thought maybe the cable is damaged, changed two other cables but no luck. Then I tried to plug the other port HDMI cable which was inserted into PC graphic card and...
  7. One HDMI port won't give display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    One HDMI port won't give display: Hey I have bought a used slim ps3 and when I tried to output it's video to my viewsonic 27" led it failed so I thought maybe the cable is damaged, changed two other cables but no luck. Then I tried to plug the other port HDMI cable which was inserted into PC graphic card and...
  8. SD card won't display video files

SD card won't display video files: Windows 10 recognizes my camera's SD card, shows my jpeg and raw files, but video files don't appear. In the camera the video files show and play, but with the SD card in my desktop it shows no trace of those video files....
  9. Display Port

Display Port: I am trying to use the Display Port to HDMI. I get the video but not the sound. How can I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-port/6182602c-065d-472b-a413-a23c65762a72
  10. Display won't 'Show only on 2'

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display won't 'Show only on 2': Hi, tldr; The new WQHD (3440 x 1440) monitor I bought yesterday isn't projecting its resolution from my laptop properly. ----- The laptop spec's : Asus ROG STRIX GL702VM-DB74 w/ Core i7-6700HQ, 16GB, 256GB SSD + 1TB, 17.3in FHD, GTX 1060, Win 10 at Memory Express The...