Windows 10: Display Power & sleep question

Discus and support Display Power & sleep question in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently got a new computer running win-10 and a new Dell monitor. Went through the setup steps one of which was display settings. I put 20 min in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnSanger1, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Display Power & sleep question

I recently got a new computer running win-10 and a new Dell monitor. Went through the setup steps one of which was display settings. I put 20 min in for power setting and never in sleep. I've used these setting for years in other machines but now the monitor will not power down after 20 min! Tried everything I know... Any ideas?

Thanks!

:)

JohnSanger1, Apr 27, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Sleep mode no longer function on display power?

Hi,

Thank you for posting to our Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: Power Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Please let us know whether you are able to see the sleep mode options by referring the following steps

1. In Search bar type Control panel

2. Select Power options

3. In power saver select change power settings and after that
    select Change advanced power settings in that check whether you can see the
    sleep mode.

Also refer the below link,

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Display Power & sleep question

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Display Power & sleep question

1. Display Power & sleep question - Similar Threads - Display Power sleep

2. sleep/power issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep/power issue: i have an hp laptop that i have set to never turn off, sleep or hibernate when the lid is closed so i can run full av scans at night. however, when i open the laptop up to check the results, the system blinks, then blacks out forcing a reboot. i have set this using advanced...
  3. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  4. power and sleep

power and sleep: dear people … after about a month and some updates the power & sleep settings just does not work period … when the "when plugged in" screen is set to 10 minutes and sleep is set to 15 minutes … and … "screen saver is set start after idle for 3 minutes … in less than a...
  5. Power options question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Power options question: So I plan on doing an windows update to 1809, my question is when it restarts to the screen where instead of don’t power off your pc, it says “this will take a while” can i still have the lid closed or do I have to open it. 127933
  6. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  7. power display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power display: The power display in my laptop is missing from the taskbar. So I googled it I found that the option will be in settings so when I opened the settings I saw the option but it was not functional. please find any solution ....
  8. Display question

in Windows 10 Support
    Display question: My display started showing this: [img] [img] How can I fix it? 94317
  9. Sleep cycle question

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep cycle question: At the end of the day, I put my system into the sleep cycle. Sometime throughout the night my system leaves the sleep cycle and shows the log-in screen. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? If I put the sleep cycle on during the day, this does not appear to happen...so...
  10. Power problem Display and Sleep not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Power problem Display and Sleep not working: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 16251 Custom Built Dual monitor system Have set for 1 hour display off, 2 hour sleep. Neither work. Task Manager shows 0% CPU, occasional .1 CPU. Memory 29% stable, Disk 0% Bitdefender Free, no programed scans. Any hints as where to look?...