Windows 10: Display Power & sleep question

Discus and support Display Power & sleep question in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently got a new computer running win-10 and a new Dell monitor. Went through the setup steps one of which was display settings. I put 20 min in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnSanger1, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Display Power & sleep question

I recently got a new computer running win-10 and a new Dell monitor. Went through the setup steps one of which was display settings. I put 20 min in for power setting and never in sleep. I've used these setting for years in other machines but now the monitor will not power down after 20 min! Tried everything I know... Any ideas?

Thanks!

:)

JohnSanger1, Apr 27, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Sleep mode no longer function on display power?

Hi,

Thank you for posting to our Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: Power Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Please let us know whether you are able to see the sleep mode options by referring the following steps

1. In Search bar type Control panel

2. Select Power options

3. In power saver select change power settings and after that
    select Change advanced power settings in that check whether you can see the
    sleep mode.

Also refer the below link,

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Display Power & sleep question

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Display Power & sleep question

1. Display Power & sleep question - Similar Threads - Display Power sleep

2. Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power & Sleep: I have 10,000 files currently being uploaded to Onedrive. I have set Power off to never but the laptop still keeps going into sleep mode. I have tried the 3 options of power management to see if that has anything to do with it but it still goes to sleep. Can anyone advise...
  3. Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power & Sleep: I have 10,000 files currently being uploaded to Onedrive. I have set Power off to never but the laptop still keeps going into sleep mode. I have tried the 3 options of power management to see if that has anything to do with it but it still goes to sleep. Can anyone advise...
  4. Question about Power and Sleep settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Power and Sleep settings: Hi all. I was wondering if any of you know what are recommended settings for when your display and system fall asleep after a certain time of being idle. I have it set so my monitor turns off and PC sleeps after 20 minutes of being idle, but I'm not sure how much I can wait...
  5. Power and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and sleep: After recent update my laptop certainly start to shutdown instead of sleeping/hibernate. All the setup is made to sleep! When I close the lid or press the on/off button shortly it suddenly shutdown. It is quite frustrating when I am working on a document and I close the lid...
  6. Power & Sleep

Power & Sleep: Why does windows 10 keep changing the screen back to 15 minutes sleep when I set it to NEVER? Is there any way to make this permanent? This has only happened since recent updates....
  7. Quick Question on sleep mode and power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Question on sleep mode and power outage: So i usually put my PC to sleep more often than turn it off (this has caused me no end of problems when windows wakes up my bloody machine to try and install/download updates) anyway sometimes i have had power outages while its in sleep mode and im sleeping myself. Question...
  8. Power / sleep

Power / sleep: My HP desktop won't go to sleep. Sleep /power settings ok. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe running i background. What can I do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-sleep/5f8a64aa-7fb7-4e2a-88e4-fc83ef24fe69
  9. Power & Sleep

Power & Sleep: Even after changing the settings in the "Power & Sleep" section, my PC still goes into sleep mode after just 1 minute of idling. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-sleep/179551ca-05d1-4cae-a34d-b874344b0b17
  10. Power problem Display and Sleep not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Power problem Display and Sleep not working: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 16251 Custom Built Dual monitor system Have set for 1 hour display off, 2 hour sleep. Neither work. Task Manager shows 0% CPU, occasional .1 CPU. Memory 29% stable, Disk 0% Bitdefender Free, no programed scans. Any hints as where to look?...