Windows 10: Display problem with latest update

Discus and support Display problem with latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the latest update (KB4517389), my PC screen is only displaying about 3/4 of window, with a small duplicate window in the upper left corner. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SandraWalton2, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Display problem with latest update

After the latest update (KB4517389), my PC screen is only displaying about 3/4 of window, with a small duplicate window in the upper left corner. I've tried to uninstall the latest update, but problem still exists. Any ideas?

:)

SandraWalton2, Oct 11, 2019

2. AMD display problems after latest build update (1511-10586)

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with display on Windows 10 after the latest update, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers after the latest update, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the display drivers in safe mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to place the computer in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 3: Place the computer in normal mode
    and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

For more information refer to: Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 for
    flickering screen.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Display problem with latest update

Windows 10 Version 1511 Display Driver Problems - tell Update to leave it alone?

Hi,

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update the latest display drivers and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the display drivers and select
      “Update”.
    If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the latest display
    drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Thank you

Jenith_James, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Display problem with latest update

1. Display problem with latest update - Similar Threads - Display problem latest

2. Latest update problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update problem: Hello, after last update, I can not run some of my apps: Creative cloud Mailbird There are these errors: 0xc000007b VLRUNTIME140.dll missing MSVCP140.dll missing Can you advice me what to do ? I have everything updated and still it does not work. I bought this...
  3. latest update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update problems: My computer is so screwed up after update a few days ago. It wiped out my office 10 and also Adobe Cloud. My assure plan seems to not matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-problems/e1e47d91-c0e9-4966-aba2-5e491f0f6ed1
  4. Display driver creating problem after the latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver creating problem after the latest update: I am using Dell vostro 2520 with latest version of windows 10. as i updated the windows drivers for display it start creating blur type too small dots and lines. as now i uninstalled the update it is working fine but i am not able to play games like Pubg on my pc which needed...
  5. Problems with latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with latest update: i have downloaded and installed the latest version of Windows 10, version 2004 build 19401.264 and now everything is locked up and I can't do a thing. If I try to get onto the internet |i just get a message telling me that Edge is not responding. If I try to run Malwarebytes...
  6. Problem with latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with latest update: I used chrome for everything, but after the update I wasn't able to get any audio(I have done all my setting checks, reinstall, and restarted PC) so now I'm using edge. It was going fine until I today where it just nonstop screeched when I loaded it(it sounded like a fire...
  7. latest update PROBLEMS!!

latest update PROBLEMS!!: My computer repair company says it is the latest Windows 10 update that caused this ---- When I TRY to first sign on to any of my favorites (facebook, target, banking, etc) the windows homescreen has moved a tad to the right and I DO NOT have A SCROLL BAR AT ALL to use....
  8. Problem with latest update

Problem with latest update: I restarted yesterday and it completed the update but I still get this message: [ATTACH] What's the problem? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-latest-update/f2764574-864c-4797-bce4-c8e552e9d214
  9. Update History Not Displaying Latest Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update History Not Displaying Latest Update: About an hour ago, my computer updated.However, when I check update history, it only lists previous updates, some a month or more old. I was just curious about what was included in the update. 93965
  10. latest update problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    latest update problems: 19 days ago i was having issues with performance but that was fixed with a simple GFX drv reinstall and it was problem free. Now noticed Win10 had updates pending, kb4088776 & 4088785. installed fine, restarted ok but now i'm getting intermittent freezes, when trying to...