Windows 10: Display Problem

Discus and support Display Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a new laptop. After a week there has been an annoying problem. When I go to another tab on chrome, my screen turns washed out. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JacobFu, Aug 18, 2019.

1. JacobFu Win User

Display Problem

Hi, I recently got a new laptop. After a week there has been an annoying problem. When I go to another tab on chrome, my screen turns washed out. To fix it I turn my brightness up and down. But it occurs a lot through out the day. It only happens when battery is being used

:)

JacobFu, Aug 18, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Aug 18, 2019
  3. damtachoa Win User
    4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Aug 18, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Display Problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Display Problem

1. Display Problem - Similar Threads - Display Problem

2. External Display and Audio problem - Windows 10 Home 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Display and Audio problem - Windows 10 Home 1903: Good day all, I am having two issues with my laptop as stated below. Please note that these issues were not present when I previously used the laptop (3 days ago). I am using an ASUS Laptop X541UA running the following OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language Version: 1903...
  3. 888 poker lobby display problems on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    888 poker lobby display problems on home network: I have a poker program installed called 888poker. When I open the lobby from my home network it does not display the available poker games. I do not have this problem with this same laptop when I am connected to other networks. This problem also persists on all devices...
  4. Display problem with latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display problem with latest update: After the latest update (KB4517389), my PC screen is only displaying about 3/4 of window, with a small duplicate window in the upper left corner. I've tried to uninstall the latest update, but problem still exists. Any ideas?...
  5. Desktop display problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop display problem: I am not a techie but I have a problem that I hope someone can answer.... Basically I have text appearing in the corner of my desktop display which seems to be system info (see photo attached) and I want to remove it. It appears even if I change wallpaper. So, in simple...
  6. Display driver problem

Display driver problem: Dear Team, I would like to have your suggestion. I am using window 10 and I got this message "Display driver failed to start;using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead".Now, I am using Intel (R) HD Graphics 620. I also updated my display driver.I am not sure that it will...
  7. Display Language problem after feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Language problem after feature update: Hello. I'm facing the problem about display language. Before the feature update 1903, I can change the Windows 10 system display language from English (US) to Bahasa Indonesia entire the system. After the feature update 1903, The display language not changing entirely. Even...
  8. problems connecting Wireless display adapter

problems connecting Wireless display adapter: The problem is that I cant connect my PC to my TV using the Microsoft wireless display adapter. it works perfectly with my android phone but no matter what I tried it wont connect to the PC. It always show like its connecting (also in the TV screen) but then it dies after a...
  9. Windows `10 Update: Cause Monitor/Display Problems

Windows `10 Update: Cause Monitor/Display Problems: Desktop computer with HP 2311X monitor now displays at a much lower resolution than what appears in settings - anyone else have this problem? If so, is there a solution? If not, why would monitor work fine on another computer? Open to helpful suggestions. :)...
  10. Notepad display problem after update

Notepad display problem after update: Hi folks, Yesterday I successfully updated my Dell Inspiron 3650 to Windows 1903 Build 18362.295. Everything seems o.k. except that I can't get Notepad to save as ANSI format. Also, my files made with ANSi using the old Notepad display some characters incorrectly (— em...