Windows 10: Display problems after October update

Discus and support Display problems after October update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This problem only started after the October update (1809). It started immediately after the update, and is a consistent fault. When the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewGabb, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Display problems after October update

This problem only started after the October update (1809). It started immediately after the update, and is a consistent fault.

When the display turns off (power plan) after 30 mins, I get the following problems:

# Repeated dong-ding / ding-dong sounds, identical to the sound of a USB device being inserted, then removed.

# All open forms are moved to the top left corner of my screen, as if the resolution had changed and then changed back again.

Andrew

:)

AndrewGabb, Jan 13, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Windows October 2018 update problems

Hello.

The Windows 10 October Update has a lot of problems with lost files. So much so that Microsoft took it off the installation media list and has pulled it from updates in general for now.

If you can, I suggest reverting the update entirely.

What apps were lost? You may find them in windows.old.

For settings, you will have to reset them yourself (unless you have a restore point)

Zackary Vanosdol, Jan 13, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Display problems after October update

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Display problems after October update

1. Display problems after October update - Similar Threads - Display problems October

2. October update problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    October update problem: I just installed the windows 20hs and found out that the alarm that is on the computer can no longer get past the lock on screen. Therefor the alarm no longer wakes me. Is there a fix?...
  3. Notepad display problem after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notepad display problem after update: Hi folks, Yesterday I successfully updated my Dell Inspiron 3650 to Windows 1903 Build 18362.295. Everything seems o.k. except that I can't get Notepad to save as ANSI format. Also, my files made with ANSi using the old Notepad display some characters incorrectly (— em...
  4. IPV6 Problem - October Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPV6 Problem - October Update: Hi! I've update my windows to the latest update, but IPV6 is not active. The box is selected and ipv6 must be active but it isnt. Photos: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv6-problem-october-update/19b5bd89-c69e-42b6-8304-669a5adf97f6
  5. Media server problems after October update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media server problems after October update: Hello! I have been using my Win10 pc as a media server from my Sharp Smart tv. However since the October update my tv could not see the pc as a media server. I have just gone through the reset process on my pc, now I can see the pc as a "media server" from the tv. But I...
  6. display driver doesnt work after october update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display driver doesnt work after october update: after the latest update, now windows intel graphics drivers 4000 has failed to install. its showing this error "The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code...
  7. october update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    october update problems: after oct update installed: no notifications appear in action center, and "safely remove hardware" message not appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/october-update-problems/9d4d8e22-3a83-40f7-abbb-2a683ab96689
  8. Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update

Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update: I have an Asus T100 Chi tablet. My Bluetooth keyboard (Dock) periodically stops responding after I installed the October update. Sometimes the keystrokes are "cached" and show up after several seconds. Other times I have to turn the Bluetooth radio off and on to get it...
  9. Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update

Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update: I have an Asus T100 Chi tablet. My Bluetooth keyboard (Dock) periodically stops responding after I installed the October update. Sometimes the keystrokes are "cached" and show up after several seconds. Other times I have to turn the Bluetooth radio off and on to get it...
  10. Display problem after last update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display problem after last update: Yesterday the update 10586.104 left some weird happenings on the display. along the right hand side the upper and lower corners are darker and in the middle it much brighter. its like the login screen with window showing a bright light when you start up did not seem to...