Windows 10: Display quality improved after clean install of Windows 10 October update

Discus and support Display quality improved after clean install of Windows 10 October update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My 1366X768 display has improved since I carried out a clean install of Windows 10 October update. When I did an upgrade install previously I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lee2016Microsoft, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Display quality improved after clean install of Windows 10 October update

My 1366X768 display has improved since I carried out a clean install of Windows 10 October update. When I did an upgrade install previously I didn't notice this effect. I'm just curious why this happened. Is there an explanation for this? I don't think it's the graphics driver because I used the same driver in my previous Windows version.

:)

Lee2016Microsoft, Nov 18, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Display quality improved after clean install of Windows 10 October update

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Display quality improved after clean install of Windows 10 October update

1. Display quality improved after clean install of Windows 10 October update - Similar Threads - Display quality improved

2. noticeable video quality improvement?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    noticeable video quality improvement?: have there been any upgrades in terms of video playback recently? i got a 4k tv a few weeks back and ever since i screen mirrored the 2 it seems like the quality of video playback on my windows 10 laptop has improved drastically. did it activate some type of enhancement...
  3. Windows 10 October 2021 updates: What’s new and improved

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2021 updates: What’s new and improved: Windows 10 October 2021 cumulative update (not to be confused with version 21H2) is now available for everyone. October 2021 Patch Tuesday release includes various security improvements and bug fixes for Windows 10’s buggy and blurry taskbar news and interests widget....
  4. Cannot update or clean install Windows since October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update or clean install Windows since October 2020 update: Few times I tried updating my PC to October 2020 update. It failed so I decided for a clean install from USB pendrive. I made bootable pendrive using Media Creation Tool. When I enter it in UEFI mode I see a Windows logo for a sec then my PC reboots and just starts the...
  5. Windows 10 October update will only do a clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 October update will only do a clean install: Hi there I'm trying to update from the May version to the October version by downloading the tool and choosing 'upgrade this PC now'. It does its usual getting things ready, but when it comes to actually updating it does not give me the option to keep files, it only has the...
  6. Microsoft to improve Windows 10 drivers quality mechanism

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve Windows 10 drivers quality mechanism: Driver installation through Windows Update has caused significant issues in the past. For example, a number of driver flaws interfered with the installation of major feature updates in 2019 and old drivers were offered even though newer versions were installed already. In...
  7. Microsoft to improve quality of Windows 10 driver updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve quality of Windows 10 driver updates: From time to time, we’ve seen reports of Windows Update installing device drivers that are not compatible with the new versions of the OS. Windows 10 drivers are often accidentally pushed to devices and incompatible drivers cause various issues including BSOD on some...
  8. Poor colour quality in Windows 10 October 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor colour quality in Windows 10 October 2018 update: I recently clean installed Windows 10 October 2018 update and installed the latest drivers including graphics drivers from the HP Drivers website for my HP Probook 450 G4 but the colour quality of the display has not changed. The colour quality of the display is the same as...
  9. Display problems after October update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display problems after October update: This problem only started after the October update (1809). It started immediately after the update, and is a consistent fault. When the display turns off (power plan) after 30 mins, I get the following problems: # Repeated dong-ding / ding-dong sounds, identical to...
  10. Windows 10 October Update 1809 Problem after installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October Update 1809 Problem after installation: Update 1809 was installed on 25 December 2018 All my installed applications are showing that they were installed on 25 December 2018, though they were installed much earlier....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my display quality is bad after update