Windows 10: Display Query

Discus and support Display Query in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to connect my laptop Lenovo ideapad110 to a second monitor Samsung Syncmaster S23B300 using DVI to HDMI. The monitor gets detected on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ahmed_Jamal, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Display Query

I tried to connect my laptop Lenovo ideapad110 to a second monitor Samsung Syncmaster S23B300 using DVI to HDMI. The monitor gets detected on my laptop, but it stays black. In addition, it doesn't get a separate box with a number in the display settings. It's like the laptop screen and the monitor are integrated as one. When I hit on Identify, The box with 12 appears on my laptop screen only. The monitor is always black during all this like it's not working. Display Query 8e82603e-c610-4457-ac3b-1e6832a3a6e7?upload=true.png Display Query 228cc1c4-8d8e-4228-8c43-2b0fcd421b93?upload=true.png

:)

Ahmed_Jamal, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Projecting to an external display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to use external display with windows 10.

This usually occurs if the video driver was not installed properly or not configured correctly.so I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Uninstall Display Adapter drivers

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type devmgmt.msc
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall
    • Restart the system
    After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Select the setup file
    • Right click on it and click on
      properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select the operating system
    • Click Ok.
    Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Arul_D, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Display Query

Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Display Query

1. Display Query - Similar Threads - Display Query

2. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  3. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  4. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  5. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  6. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...
  7. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...
  8. Query records from the MySQL database and display them in color?

Query records from the MySQL database and display them in color?: Hi, I have a question, How can I color the text I query from my MYSQL database using Php? My code looks like this <td>user name:</td <td><?=$_SESSION['name']?></td> I tried to load the whole thing via the css with .tablename { font-size: 12px; font...
  9. Query related to changing the settings for Display name of the sender in Windows Mail app

Query related to changing the settings for Display name of the sender in Windows Mail app: Is there a way, when an email is addressed, to display only the first name? For reasons I do not understand, for some of my family members this already happens, even though their entries in People display their first and last names. ***Original title: Windows 10 Mail and...
  10. Word: Page display order query

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word: Page display order query: Probably a really simple question, but I do not know the answer... In Word, the zoom is 100% and if I have multiple pages, they show up 3 pages in a row. How do I get the pages to align one on top of the other? Word used to do one page on top of the other, but now it shows 3...