Windows 10: Display resolution always changes when system comes out of sleep mode

Discus and support Display resolution always changes when system comes out of sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since recently upgrading to the most recent version of Windows 10, my system always changes my display to 1024 x 768 rather than the recommended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnNorton_918, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Display resolution always changes when system comes out of sleep mode

Since recently upgrading to the most recent version of Windows 10, my system always changes my display to 1024 x 768 rather than the recommended resolution. That's annoying enough, but then it doesn't let me access the resolution setting under Scale and layout. The only way I've found to correct it is to restart the system. C'mon, Microsoft!!!

:)

JohnNorton_918, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Mike-Sh Win User

Laptop screen displays jittering horizontal lines when coming out of sleep mode.

Problem description: My eighteen-month-old laptop screen displays
    alternating horizontal lines and constantly jitters up and down when coming out of
    sleep mode. The only resolution I’ve found is to reboot or let it go into sleep mode a
    second time, after which, upon reopening the screen-lid, the problem clears and the screen displays normally. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Mike-Sh, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Display resolution always changes when system comes out of sleep mode

Windows 10 Display Resolution Changes After Sleep

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As I have understood, you are experiencing issue with Windows 10 display resolution changes after the system comes out of sleep mode.

I certainly understand your concern and really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt display drivers on the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

To diagnose the problem whether any third party program or application is causing the conflict, I would suggest you to try “clean boot” and check if it helps.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

If the issue does not occur in “Clean Boot”, then you may determine which application/service on the computer is causing this issue. This can be done by following the instructions for
    “Windows 8.1 and Windows 8” given in the section “How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a Clean Boot” from the same given link.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3

Method 3:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

All the above methods and steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Please ignore the steps that you have already performed.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Display resolution always changes when system comes out of sleep mode

1. Display resolution always changes when system comes out of sleep mode - Similar Threads - Display resolution always

2. Is there a resolution for login credentials not verified after PC comes out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a resolution for login credentials not verified after PC comes out of sleep mode?: Good afternoon,I am encountering this issue of my login credentials can not be verified when I wake my PC out of "sleep" mode. I have gone through these steps thus far and am hoping someone has come across a solution instead of needing to do a full system install again. Will...
  3. Is there a resolution for login credentials not verified after PC comes out of sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a resolution for login credentials not verified after PC comes out of sleep mode?: Good afternoon,I am encountering this issue of my login credentials can not be verified when I wake my PC out of "sleep" mode. I have gone through these steps thus far and am hoping someone has come across a solution instead of needing to do a full system install again. Will...
  4. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  5. Issues coming out of sleep mode

Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  6. Why does my system not come out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my system not come out of sleep mode: Why does my system not come out of sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/dac55c0a-3416-4979-b9ab-cbe2745ddd79
  7. Automatic Reboot When COming Out of Sleep Mode

Automatic Reboot When COming Out of Sleep Mode: In the past couple weeks, my PC had started rebooting itself whenever it comes out of sleep mode. Before, it resumed wherever you were when it went to sleep. Now, it automatically reboots and takes you though the 5 minutes start up process before you can enter your PIN....
  8. No Display When System Comes Out of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    No Display When System Comes Out of Sleep Mode: I have 3 monitors connected to dual NVIDIA GeForce GT640 video cards. The MB is ASRock Z77 Professional-M with Intel i3-3220 @3.3ghz Windows 10 Professional 64. When I manually put the system to sleep and come back later in the day and tap the spacebar to start the...
  9. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...