Windows 10: Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Discus and support Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Panda Oni555, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from 1920x1080(recommended) to 2560x1080(and is also saying recommended). I've already tried updating the drivers for both my intel graphics card and trigger 6 graphics card but, nothing seems to revert it back to 1920x1080. Could someone please help?

:)

Panda Oni555, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

monitor display size

Hi Kathy,

This issue with monitor display can be caused by screen resolution problems.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try changing the screen resolution by following the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop screen.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click Display.
    • Under Resolution, click on the drop-down menu and change the screen resolution.

Note: You can select the most recommended resolution (1920 x 1080) if applicable and see if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Oct 17, 2018
  3. RWOne Win User
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

One of two possibilities:

1. Driver is still not correct, as you don't have the listed resolution to go to recommended for that monitor. If it is using a driver win 10 installed and not the manufacturer, then you need to try the manufacturer driver, list the display driver from device manager and we can go from there.

2. Card in PC (Is it a card, or integrated mainboard graphics?) doesn't support that resolution, hence driver not listing it, etc.

Other possibility - what does the system show for the monitor listed in device manager?

RWOne, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings (at the bottom). Select the monitor you want to change the resolution on, then change the resolution setting in the drop down list.

alphanumeric, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

1. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings - Similar Threads - Display Resolution monitor

2. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  3. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  4. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  5. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  6. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  7. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  8. dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dual different resolution monitors not lining up in display settings: [ATTACH] So I just got a new monitor and I'm using my old one as a second monitor. It's portrait, 1080p, and 24 inches while my new monitor is landscape, 4k, and 27 inches. In display settings, the portrait monitor is somehow shorter than the landscape monitor. I was...
  9. Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays: Hello, I just bought a new Samsung Q60R 4K tv. When I connect it to my laptop via HDMI, it sets the resolution to 4k on both my laptop main display (which is only capable of 1600x900) and the TV so my laptop screen looks blurry as the Desktop resolution is 3840x2160 and the...
  10. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...