Windows 10: Display resolution issue with multiple displays

Discus and support Display resolution issue with multiple displays in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Edited to add, it wasn't a Windows issue but rather an issue with the software I was using on the second display. Not sure if you're able to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by WebMaximus, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Display resolution issue with multiple displays

Edited to add, it wasn't a Windows issue but rather an issue with the software I was using on the second display.

Not sure if you're able to delete posts in here, but if a mod sees this post, feel free to delete it.

I have an issue where a second display always start up in 800x600 even when it's set to 1024x768 (Recommended) when checking the display settings in Windows 10.

Easy to fix though, I simply change it to 800x600 and when being ask if I want to keep the new setting or revert, I pick revert. By doing this, I see on the second display how the resolution now changes to the correct 1024x768.

Quite annoying though having to do this whenever using the display and was wondering if anyone else have seen the same issue and found a fix?

This is what it looks like under Display Settings in Windows

Display resolution issue with multiple displays [​IMG]

My display setup consists of my main display which is a 48" Samsung TV connected via a HDMI->DP adapter to one of the DPs on my 2080Ti. My second display is a small VGA display connected via a VGA->HDMI adapter to the HDMI port on my 2080Ti. I also have an HP Reverb VR headset connected to a second DP on my 2080Ti.

My Windows 10 Pro version is 1909.

First I was thinking if it could be the VR headset causing issues but that turned out to not be the case. Because I get the same issue even when the VR headset isn't running.

Thanks in advance for any input or tips!

:)

WebMaximus, Feb 25, 2020

2. Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Display resolution issue with multiple displays

Display & Resolution

Hello,

Display and resolution issues may occur due to outdated display driver. To address your concern, we suggest that you update or reinstall the display driver by referring to the steps on the link below and see how it goes:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Display resolution issue with multiple displays

1. Display resolution issue with multiple displays - Similar Threads - Display resolution issue

2. Display resolution issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution issues: Hi all At my wits end! I came home yesterday to find my screen resolution had altered presumably during an automatic update or alternatively a power cut. I have a 24 inch monitor which handles a 1920 x 1080 resolution. The maximum showing on the device manager display tab...
  3. Issues with Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issues with Display Resolution: So, I wanted to experiment with my pc's display resolution and changed it from "1366x768(recommended)" to "1920x1080". The display got kinda faded and blurry so i turned it back but the issues persisted. It's not so bad , I can still see everything fine but it is a...
  4. Issues with Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with Display Resolution: So, I wanted to experiment with my pc's display resolution and changed it from "1366x768(recommended)" to "1920x1080". The display got kinda faded and blurry so i turned it back but the issues persisted. It's not so bad , I can still see everything fine but it is a...
  5. Multiple displays issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple displays issue: OK, I have a HP Laptop connected to 2 monitors via a (HP) docking station. I have set the display up as an extended display across the 3 displays. The laptop display is display one and the primary display is display 2 and it works perfectly except for two issues. Issue 1: On...
  6. Issues with display resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with display resolution: My screen resolution seems to randomly change from 1920 x 1400 to 1600 x 1200. The former is scaled to fit my monitor, but the latter is what I am currently dealing with and as can be seen using OBS, there is a large portion of the display that is black, but does not show up...
  7. Display resolution issue with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Display resolution issue with multiple displays: I have an issue where a second display always start up in 800x600 even when it's set to 1024x768 (Recommended) when checking the display settings in Windows 10. Easy to fix though, I simply change it to 800x600 and when being ask if I want to keep the new setting or revert,...
  8. Display resolution issues

Display resolution issues: The normal display resolution for my computer screen is 1920 x 1080. Lately, for reasons I can't fathom, I'll wake the computer up and the resolution will have changed to 1680 x 1050. This produces a stretched, kind of squashed appearance. When I go to Display Settings, the...
  9. display resolution issue

display resolution issue: ok so ive looked ofr answers everywhere and tried a variety of things like removing drivers and re instaling them and making sure my graphics driver is up to date etc. nothing is working. my problem is this. when my computer boots up while connected to my big tv (48" samsung...
  10. Display Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Resolution Issue: Hey there, I'm having an issue with my Dell Inspiron N411z running Windows 10 TP 10130. The screen resolution is very off and everything is bloated. I tried going into both Settings and Control Panel and neither could fix the issue. Do you think this may be a driver issue?...