Windows 10: DIsplay Resolution

Discus and support DIsplay Resolution in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't change my Display Reslution settings. It doesn't let me click it but it says 1280 times 1024 recommended but I want to change it, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Home23, May 6, 2020.

1. Home23 Win User

DIsplay Resolution

I can't change my Display Reslution settings. It doesn't let me click it but it says 1280 times 1024 recommended but I want to change it, it doesn't let me click it

DIsplay Resolution 3354607b-5157-4702-9900-ff2a0c5dc8c3?upload=true.png

This is what it is showing me. There are people telling me to do something and they just leave. I need help dont just leave and think it fixed because the last time he left it didnt fix. My display adapter is an AMD Radeon HD 7660D My pc version is

Version

It is this one Hewlett-Packard 500-246 pc.

Version
    Date
    4/15/2014

Motherboard
    Manufacturer
    MSI
    Model
    2AE0
    Version

Operating System
    Edition
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Version Build

1909 10.0.18363

:)

Home23, May 6, 2020

2. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, May 6, 2020
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 6, 2020
  4. DIsplay Resolution

Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 6, 2020
Thema:

DIsplay Resolution

1. DIsplay Resolution - Similar Threads - DIsplay Resolution

2. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  3. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  4. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  5. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  6. How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  7. How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...

How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  8. Display/Resolution Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display/Resolution Problem: Hello, I have a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5 laptop with Windows 11 which I bought recently, and I've been facing a really weird problem: I sometimes can't change resolution because the option is grayed out: I enter the display settings, right before the resolution...
  9. Display/Resolution Problem

Display/Resolution Problem: Hello, I have a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5 laptop with Windows 11 which I bought recently, and I've been facing a really weird problem: I sometimes can't change resolution because the option is grayed out: I enter the display settings, right before the resolution...
  10. How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??: I have bought an external display from waveshare of 7" with resolution of 1024x600 and my laptop is hp probook 6470b with i5 3320M without HDMI port.I bought usb to hdmi cable but its resolution is 1024x768 and not 1024x600.I tried CRU but it didn't workedofcourse did tried...