Windows 10: Display scale and layout, text sizes cause issues in certain apps

Discus and support Display scale and layout, text sizes cause issues in certain apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm not sure if this is an issue with Windows or an issue with certain apps, but I thought I'd post here to see if anybody has figured out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NateKilmer, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Display scale and layout, text sizes cause issues in certain apps

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Windows or an issue with certain apps, but I thought I'd post here to see if anybody has figured out how to fix this. The issue is this:

I have large monitors, so I change the scale and layout settings to have the text size set to 250% so that I don't have to strain my eyes. But for certain apps, the text becomes larger, but it no longer fits in the GUI. If that description isn't clear, this screenshot should be

Display scale and layout, text sizes cause issues in certain apps 850742d4-b0af-4ff4-bd7b-c89e5c21e4f1?upload=true.png

the text is the size that I want it to be, but the boxes around the words cut things off. This screenshot is from OrCAD, but I've experienced this with other software tools as well. Does anybody know how to fix this?

:)

NateKilmer, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Scale & Layout

Hi,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask the following information:

• Which Windows version and build are you using? Type winver in the search bar and press
      Enter to find out.
    • Are you having issues changing with the scale and layout setting or you intend to change it?
    • Are getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, most of the advanced display settings from previous versions of Windows are now available on the Display settings page.

• Select Start and select Settings >System>Display.
    • If you want to change the size of your text and apps, use the dropdown menu under
      Scale and layout. In Windows 10, you can no longer change the text size of a specific item.
    • To change your screen resolution, use the drop down menu under Resolution.
    • To adjust your color calibration, search "calibrate display color" in the search box of Settings and follow the directions.
    • If you don't see a setting you're looking for, try searching for it in the search box on the taskbar.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Display scale and layout, text sizes cause issues in certain apps

Desctop got 2/3 of the normal size

Hello,

This should be resolved by updating the screen resolution for your display. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Open Start , select Settings > System > Display.
    2. Under Scale and layout, check the setting under Change the size of text, apps, and other items. We suggest you use the percentage marked "(Recommended)."
    3. If that doesn't solve your problem, under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked "(Recommended)."

Let me know how it goes.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Display scale and layout, text sizes cause issues in certain apps

1. Display scale and layout, text sizes cause issues in certain apps - Similar Threads - Display scale layout

2. Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!: Hi,I have recently bought a Surface Laptop 5 Windows 11, home edition, and I am working with it for 6-8 hours/day. However, it has a persistent problem with tuning font size:1 – I tuned the “text size” to 150% and the “custom scaling” to 175%, but the text size inside...
  3. Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!: Hi,I have recently bought a Surface Laptop 5 Windows 11, home edition, and I am working with it for 6-8 hours/day. However, it has a persistent problem with tuning font size:1 – I tuned the “text size” to 150% and the “custom scaling” to 175%, but the text size inside...
  4. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  5. Display text and sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display text and sizing: What is the difference between these options?Make Text Bigger with the sliding scareMake Everything bigger – Change the size of apps and text on the main displayScale and Layout – Custom Scaling...
  6. Display text and sizing

7. Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out: I have just got a new laptop and am configuring my 2 additional monitors. The scale and layout settings are greyed out as shown below, not allowing me to adjust the resolution of monitor #3. I have reinstalled the graphics driver, checked for windows updates and restarted. If...
  8. Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out

Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out: I have just got a new laptop and am configuring my 2 additional monitors. The scale and layout settings are greyed out as shown below, not allowing me to adjust the resolution of monitor #3. I have reinstalled the graphics driver, checked for windows updates and restarted. If...
  9. Scale and layout

Scale and layout: Hello. I had a major problem in Windows 11. Unfortunately, I changed the scale part manually and the whole program size was messed up, then I returned the number size to normal and default, but it has not been fixed yet. By setting it to 125%, which is a normal number, the...
  10. Problem with layout scale size after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with layout scale size after update: My desktop just installed a windows 10 update two days ago and ever since then the layout scale size on certain windows are half the size they were. I tried readjusting the scale size by 25-100% and it is not doing anything. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by...