Windows 10: Display Scaling changes for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Discus and support Display Scaling changes for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today we have guest author for this blog. Peter Felts is a Senior Program Manager in the developer platform group and is going to discuss Display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Display Scaling changes for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Source: Display Scaling changes for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update | Ask the Core Team

:)

Brink, Aug 16, 2016
  2. ChandriaNicole, Aug 16, 2016
  3. MartinDCZ Win User
    Viable workaround for Windows 10 scaling problems

Hello,

it's 16 days since I changed my notebook for a new one with high pixels density. It's 16 days that I am constantly angry about it.

The reasons behind this are Windows 10 scaling problems, detaily explained in following articles:

I am thankful to Microsoft for thorough explanation. However, it is half a year since those problems were acknowledge and there is simply nothing (visible for me as a customer) that was done to fix the problems.

I understand a point from the first referenced article that the applications are the ones that need to update their behavior. However, there is few even better points in the discussions below, not addressed by anyone from Microsoft. The real victims in these
    situations are the users. I as a power user should have all the rights to manage how my applications are behaving. Please, if there is no solution yet, could you deliver workarounds as:

- ability to specify scaling level - per running app (yes, we would need to change that every time we would change the screen),

- ability to force scaling level refresh after being docked out of external monitor.

Is it possible to deliver these workarounds? Or is the global fix ready and will be shipped in following days or weeks?

Thank you,

Regards,

Martin

*edited*

MartinDCZ, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

Display Scaling changes for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

1. Display Scaling changes for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Display Scaling changes

2. Change the display scale for an individual application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the display scale for an individual application: Hi,Windows 11.I have an old application which does not scale itself. I need it to scale to 125% to be readable -- the font it uses is too small.What I'd want:Set Windows scale at 100%Set the application at 125%However, I can't seem to find a way to do that. The Properties ->...
  3. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?: I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down >...
  4. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  5. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  6. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Display Scale Changed after samsung updates and Scale is the same

Windows 10 Display Scale Changed after samsung updates and Scale is the same: I just had a minor samsung updates on this samsung windows 10 laptop and the display scale has changed slightly. I was using 1920x1080 and 100% for size of text, apps and other items, which is the scale. I checked it but these setting didn't change. I tried to change to...
  8. Windows 10 Display Scale

Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  9. Windows 10 Display Scale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  10. Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10: How to: Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 How to Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 Dots per inch (DPI) is the physical measurement of number of pixels in a linear inch of a display. DPI is a function of display resolution and size; a...