Windows 10: Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

Discus and support Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dakota Rickel, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to adjust the scaling at 2560x1440 to 125%. However, when doing this and users print things their prints come out smaller. Change it back to 100% scaling and the go back to normal. Why does changing the screen scaling change the print scaling in the opposite direction? Is there any way around this?

:)

Dakota Rickel, Feb 9, 2022

2. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 9, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10

Hi Kati,

I would like to inform you that Scaling is controlled by the PDF application - it is not set in the file. Refer the link below and follow the steps suggested and check if that helps.

Scale or resize PDF pages in Acrobat or Reader for printing
    Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 9, 2022
  4. dlee3370 Win User

Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

Scaling and printing.

Hello,

I am using windows 10 and a 4k monitor. Since the resolution is high I have to scale the display to 170%. When I print to my HP LJ 1606dn most documents come out fine but when I print from I.E it doesn't fit to page it prints smaller than the actual size of the page. I can go into the print settings and the default % of normal size to make it fit to page but then the all other print jobs that are not from I.E print bigger than normal. Is there a way that I can set the default so that I don't have to change the scaling of the print job each time I print?

Thanks.

dlee3370, Feb 9, 2022
Thema:

Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

1. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling - Similar Threads - Display Scaling Changes

2. Change the display scale for an individual application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the display scale for an individual application: Hi,Windows 11.I have an old application which does not scale itself. I need it to scale to 125% to be readable -- the font it uses is too small.What I'd want:Set Windows scale at 100%Set the application at 125%However, I can't seem to find a way to do that. The Properties ->...
  3. Change the display scale for an individual application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the display scale for an individual application: Hi,Windows 11.I have an old application which does not scale itself. I need it to scale to 125% to be readable -- the font it uses is too small.What I'd want:Set Windows scale at 100%Set the application at 125%However, I can't seem to find a way to do that. The Properties ->...
  4. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?: I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down >...
  5. GPU Scaling vs Display Scaling explained

in Windows 10 News
    GPU Scaling vs Display Scaling explained: [IMG]In computing, Scaling refers to the process of increasing or decreasing the size of an object. The scaling of an object is done by using the Scale Factor. The Scale Factor or Conversion Factor is used to change the size of a figure or an object without altering its...
  6. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  7. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  8. Print scaling.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print scaling.: When we updated to win 10 at work I got a problem print shipping labels. It auto chooses "fit to sice" and the label becomes very small. When I change to "actuall sice" the label becomes the correct sice. This makes printing many labels a unnecessary large job. Is there a...
  9. How to change print scale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change print scale: Hello, I don't seem able to change the print scale when I am printing. I've tried from internet explorer, microsoft edge, or any PDF programmes (eg. adobe reader touch). I have a HP 3720 printer. I used to use it with my ancient macbook and had no problems. I now have a dell...
  10. Scaling and printing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scaling and printing.: Hello, I am using windows 10 and a 4k monitor. Since the resolution is high I have to scale the display to 170%. When I print to my HP LJ 1606dn most documents come out fine but when I print from I.E it doesn't fit to page it prints smaller than the actual size of the...