Windows 10: display scaling for old fullscreen game

Discus and support display scaling for old fullscreen game in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! For my grandchilds I scale the desktop for showing huge icons. Unfortunately the game dinosaur world from BBC uses this scale adjustment. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erhy, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Erhy Win User

display scaling for old fullscreen game

Hello!

For my grandchilds I scale the desktop for showing huge icons.

Unfortunately the game dinosaur world from BBC uses this scale adjustment.
    So only the half area is to see full screen.

If I scale the desktop as normal the game displays all.

Is it possible to adjust the scaling only for this game?

Thank you for advice

with Windows 10 version 1809

:)

Erhy, Sep 2, 2019

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

Hi there, I have some games here that I'm having a problem with. In Windows 8.1, 8, and 7 when you get the game to run in fullscreen with the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" unchecked and Fullscreen scaling in NVIDIA control panel, the game
    will stretch to fit the screen which is what I am looking for. Windows 10 keeps checking the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" even when I click on Apply then Ok. The game will run in a fullscreen with black bars on each side.

What I'm asking is, if there is some way for me to make sure that my games run in stretch to fit the screen and to make sure the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" is left unchecked? I've tried different compatibility modes with the same results,
    and as a NVIDIA user Fullscreen scaling is the only option besides aspect ratio and no scaling. Plus I've checked "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs" with Perform scaling on: GPU.

Richard J. Martinez, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen

I'm having an issue with a game where it won't load unless it's not fullscreen. I have inserted the command "fullscreen=false" into my shortcut as a workaround and it works very well.

Unfortunately, the window opens with quite a small size (about 5 inches wide) and maximising it causes the User interface to be shifted into the corner and does not scale with the window, which results in not really being able to use the program very well.

My question, therefore, is whether it is possible to set a size for the screen in a way that it will all be scaled similarly to fullscreen but not actually being fullscreen.

Edit: I found a solution, I was going to change resolution but then tried the scale and layout setting. 125 made it slightly out of my screen but I used a custom scaling of 124/123 to make it fit.

Daybreak58NVC, Sep 2, 2019
  4. inakilbss Win User

Integer-scaled fullscreen with NVIDIA card

I am currently playing a game which runs better on fullscreen, but the only resolution it supports in fullscreen is 640x480 and my display is 1920x1080.

If I set the scaling mode in the NVIDIA control panel to "aspect ratio," it upscales the game by a factor of 2.25, which makes the picture blurry. However, if I set it to "no scaling" the picture looks way too small even on my 32" display.

Is there a way to request integer scaling, preferrably without filtering?

inakilbss, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. display scaling for old fullscreen game - Similar Threads - display scaling old

2. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  3. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  4. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display gray scale

Display gray scale: I restored my laptop and shortly after loading all my stuff, i was asked to make a decision about the display. I chose poorly I guess because now it is gray scale and I cant get it back to color. Any help?...
  6. Display Customization - Scaling

Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  7. Display Scaling values

Display Scaling values: My custom Scaling value has been set too high and I can no longer use the screen, the characters and symbols are much too big. How do I reset Scaling to its original or default value? I have reset Win 10 but it made no difference....
  8. display scaling for old fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display scaling for old fullscreen game: Hello! For my grandchilds I scale the desktop for showing huge icons. Unfortunately the game dinosaur world from BBC uses this scale adjustment. So only the half area is to see full screen. If I scale the desktop as normal the game displays all. Is it possible to adjust...
  9. Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen: I'm having an issue with a game where it won't load unless it's not fullscreen. I have inserted the command "fullscreen=false" into my shortcut as a workaround and it works very well. Unfortunately, the window opens with quite a small size (about 5 inches wide) and...
  10. Display scale / settings

Display scale / settings: I'm running dual 32" screens (required for drafting, not reduced vision) and need to reduce my 'display' screen to a custom scale less than 100%. I've been through the 'system' - 'display' - 'scale and layout' - 'custom scaling' - but 100% is the smallest option possible?...