Windows 10: Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10

Discus and support Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and had everything working perfectly, no blurry texts in any application. However, a lot of applications now have really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zorua, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Zorua Win User

Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10

So I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and had everything working perfectly, no blurry texts in any application. However, a lot of applications now have really blurry text, including some installed apps like Device Manager. The problem goes away if I reduce scaling to 100% but that makes everything really small because I am on 1440p. I like Windows 10 and don't want to go back to 8.1, so I'd be thankful if anyone had suggestions as to how I could fix it.

I don't understand why Microsoft broke something that was working flawlessly in a previous version. Oh well. Also, I know that you can change the compatibility mode setting to make apps look fine, but that's a pain because almost every app has the problem.

:)

Zorua, Jul 28, 2015

2. IE 11Goggle homepage zoom level

Your laptop came with a high-density display and Windows 10 will automatically choose an appropriate display scaling setting for it. However, you may want to adjust this setting yourself to make items appear larger and more readable. But before adjusting
    your display scaling settings, make sure you install the most recent cumulative security update for
    Internet Explorer 11. To do this, kindly refer to the support article below.

For more information about Windows scaling issues, you may check out these following links:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Install has distorted Images/Text in programs

Thanks for the reply.

I've created the new user account and through doing so, I have identified the issue.

In windows 7, I had the custom scaling level set to "125%" because on a 1080p display, many of the icons on screen are too small for comfortable use (such as taskbar, and windows file explorer navigation).

In windows 10, the display scaling of 125% was also applied to my account, as I have had done on windows 7, although windows 10 now applies this display scaling to certain programs and not just the windows display itself. The problem is that these programs
    are not designed to have this scale applied, and as such, the display of the program becomes distorted.

I managed to resolve this by right clicking the program shortcut for whatever program I want to use, and selecting "properties". Under the "compatibility" tab, I then check the following box:

Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10 [​IMG]

"Disable display scaling...."

which then prevents the program from trying to apply the windows custom scaling level. The display on the programs I have fixed now looks fine.

This is only a temporary solution, though. If windows 10 persists in applying this custom scaling level to every program, then the issue will continue to re-occur until I can find a global fix for the problem.

Do you know of any way I can stop Windows 10 from applying this scale, or any way I can universally select an option which disables the scaling? Windows 7 was correct in not automatically assigning this scale to programs because it entirely distorts the
    display. It seems that Windows 10 has ignored this entirely. Without a fix, I may have to return to Windows 7.

davethelimit, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10

It's too bad that we can't type in a custom scale size in Windows-10, like we could do in Windows-7. Now, there's only a little slider that increases the size of everything on the screen in huge 25% increment chunks! I had my Windows 7 O.S. set at 115%, which was perfect. Now, I can only choose 100% or 125%. I'm set a 125%. It took a couple days to get used to, eventually you adapt to these things.

The one thing that is weird at this 125% scale, is how the Edge icon on my desktop looks. The blue rectangle got bigger on the desktop, but the "e" in the center of it didn't get any bigger. It's now just a tiny little "e" that's dwarfed by the blue rectangle that it sits in the middle of. All the other desktop icons kept their aspect ratio when I went from 100% to 125% scaling. I'm sure there's nothing I can do about it and it's not really a big deal. Just something I wanted to mention. (Think I will file a feedback report on this though. It's nice of the Edge browser to give us this capability...like Firefox.)
    ac

AllenChicago, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10

1. Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Display Scaling Issue

2. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display scaling issue with multiple monitors: I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the main display, all Windows notifications pop up at the 125% scaling on the external monitor, and are weirdly cut off (not just...
  3. Windows Second Display Scaling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Second Display Scaling issue: I am having an 15.6 inch laptop and I use my 24 inch TV as my second display. The issue is when I connect my TV through HDMi cable the scaling on my second display goes out the margin and I have tired do scale it through windows display settings and through intel graphics...
  4. Windows 10 display scaling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display scaling issue: I have recently installed a full Ubuntu onto a USB flash drive. I also have Windows 10 installed on the internal SSD. Windows 10 and Ubuntu do not see and interfere with each other. But after installing Ubuntu onto the flash drive and doing my work there, I ejected the...
  5. Windows 10 display scale issue after installing Ubuntu

Windows 10 display scale issue after installing Ubuntu: I have recently installed a full Ubuntu onto a USB flash drive. I also have Windows 10 installed on the internal SSD. Windows 10 and Ubuntu do not see and interfere with each other. But after installing Ubuntu onto the flash drive and doing my work there, I ejected the...
  6. Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display

Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display: I've read enough on overscan issues to confidently say that isn't the issue I'm having. I've gone through my Intel Graphics settings and NVIDAI control panel but haven't found anything useful but I may have missed something. What I'm trying to do is replace my two Lenovo...
  7. Windows 10 Display Scale

Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  8. Windows 10 Display Scale

Windows 10 Display Scale: Hi Folks, To set the scene, I have 2 x Dell 4K monitors, these are great. I used the Nvidia driver to merge them together making a single screen at 7680 x 2160 To make it easier to use word/email and other applications, I go to display settings and set the scaling to 150%...
  9. Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues: Hello All, I have a Laptop Dell Latitude E7450 connected to my external monitor Dell P2314H via HDMI adaptor + VGA Cable, which is configured as "extended display". Although my Laptop is 14'' and my external monitor is 23'' they have the same max resolution: 1920 x 1080....
  10. Windows 10 scaling issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 scaling issue: Hi all, I currently use two displays; a 22" monitor (primary), the other a 60" TV (secondary). The secondary monitor has a scaling factor of 125% selected within 'Display Settings'. I'm experiencing a problem with the feature whereby when switching back to the primary...