Windows 10: Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

Discus and support Display scaling issue with multiple monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/w123burner, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the main display, all Windows notifications pop up at the 125% scaling on the external monitor, and are weirdly cut off (not just large). It has been really bugging me so I've set the internal display back to 100% scaling but it kills my eyes (is only 12"). Is there a solution for this? I couldn't find anything when searching Display scaling issue with multiple monitors :(

submitted by /u/w123burner
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/w123burner, Jul 14, 2020

2. MS Office and Skype scaling issue with display monitors

Hi J,

The scaling issues with your display monitor can be caused by an outdated operating system. To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you check for the latest update for Windows by following these steps:

• Click on Start or the Windows Logo on your taskbar.
    • Select Settings or the gear icon and click Updates & security.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If any updates are found, install it and wait for Windows to complete the update and then restart the device.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Scaling Issue With Extended Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing scaling issues when you connect a 4K monitor to the PC. For more clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. How the monitors are connected to the PC?
    3. What is the build version of Windows installed on the PC?
    4. Have you tried updating the display drivers?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices
    and check if that helps.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

Individual scaling on multiple monitors with Windows 10?

Hi Jon,

There are a few reasons that we can consider as to why you’re having issues with individual scaling on your monitors. It can be because the applications are moved between monitors that use different display resolutions or the monitor that applications are
    displayed on changes between docked and undocked configurations. We would recommend that you check out this

link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding scaling issues on your device.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to “mark it as an answer” to help those who are facing the same problem.

Rose Ter, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

1. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Display scaling issue

2. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...
  3. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...
  4. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors: I have two monitors connected to my laptop that are different sizes and resolutions. When I change the scaling, everything is huge on the smaller monitor and extremely tiny on the larger one. This results in both monitors being unusable. The icons and text on the larger...
  6. Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors: I have two monitors connected to my laptop that are different sizes and resolutions. When I change the scaling, everything is huge on the smaller monitor and extremely tiny on the larger one. This results in both monitors being unusable. The icons and text on the larger...
  7. Custom scaling on multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom scaling on multiple displays: I work with a 3 monitor configuration. I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with 2 screens: - Primary screen: 3840x2160p 15.6 inch - Secondary screen: 3840x1100p, it has the same physical width than the primary but half the height Plus, an external monitor 3rd screen: Viewsonic...
  8. Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock

Custom Display Scaling on Multiple Monitors w/ Dock: Hello, I've encountered the world's most infuriating problem for which I do not believe there is a solution. I recently purchased an HP ZBook 14u w/ it's associated thunderbolt dock. I have two 24" 4K displays connected to the dock. For the monitors, under scale and layout...
  9. Scaling Issue With Extended Monitors

Scaling Issue With Extended Monitors: Recently got a new 4K monitor. It's running at 4k with 150% (Recommended) Scaling. I want THIS monitor to be my main monitor. It is centered to my setup and is the MAIN monitor I will be using, etc, etc. My old 1080p monitor has a recommended scaling of 100%. This is what I...
  10. Scaling with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling with multiple monitors: Hi there, I've got a 15 inch Dell laptop with 4K screen. Using the Dell docking station, I'm running 2 external monitors connected over DP ports (LG's 2560*1080 and Dell's 1920*1080) - both external screens run at their respective native resolutions in the extended desktop...