Windows 10: Display scaling, not using whole monitor after a update

Discus and support Display scaling, not using whole monitor after a update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My windows 10 computer updated and after the screen is not the size of the entire monitor, there are black bars on all 4 sides of the picture. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomClarke1, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Display scaling, not using whole monitor after a update

My windows 10 computer updated and after the screen is not the size of the entire monitor, there are black bars on all 4 sides of the picture. I tried adjusting resolution and updating driver but no luck.

:)

TomClarke1, Sep 1, 2019

2. MS Office and Skype scaling issue with display monitors

Hi J,

The scaling issues with your display monitor can be caused by an outdated operating system. To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you check for the latest update for Windows by following these steps:

• Click on Start or the Windows Logo on your taskbar.
    • Select Settings or the gear icon and click Updates & security.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If any updates are found, install it and wait for Windows to complete the update and then restart the device.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Scaling Issue With Extended Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing scaling issues when you connect a 4K monitor to the PC. For more clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. How the monitors are connected to the PC?
    3. What is the build version of Windows installed on the PC?
    4. Have you tried updating the display drivers?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices
    and check if that helps.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Display scaling, not using whole monitor after a update

Taskbar displaying in an incorrect position when using scaling on a dual monitor setup

Hi Jav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the display on dual monitor. Do not worry will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to display drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to Update Graphics Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Also, check if the issue persists on 100% screen resolution as well.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Display scaling, not using whole monitor after a update

1. Display scaling, not using whole monitor after a update - Similar Threads - Display scaling using

2. Laptop screen does not remember display scaling before and after using an external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen does not remember display scaling before and after using an external monitor.: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10. When I am using the laptop standalone, meaning it isn't plugged into an external monitor, I set the screen display scaling to 100%. Then I plug in an external monitor and set the display scaling to 125%.When I unplug the external...
  3. Laptop screen does not remember display scaling before and after using an external monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen does not remember display scaling before and after using an external monitor.: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10. When I am using the laptop standalone, meaning it isn't plugged into an external monitor, I set the screen display scaling to 100%. Then I plug in an external monitor and set the display scaling to 125%.When I unplug the external...
  4. Laptop screen does not remember display scaling before and after using an external monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Custom display scaling per monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom display scaling per monitor: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/caefzu/custom_scaling_per_monitor/ Is this possible by now? In windows10 you have to use custom scaling, because with the regular scaling option, basic stuff like properties of a file are blurry. The problem is that custom scaling,...
  6. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  7. Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom Display Scaling for multi monitor setup?: Just picked up an HP Omen 27i monitor - IPS - 2560x1440 - 165Hz) to use as my main monitor. I'm using my previous monitor (Asus VG248 - TN - 1920x1080 - 144Hz) as my second monitor. Is there any way to set the Custom scaling option in Windows for my HP Omen (first monitor)...
  8. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display scaling issue with multiple monitors: I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the main display, all Windows notifications pop up at the 125% scaling on the external monitor, and are weirdly cut off (not just...
  9. Windows 10 Display Scale Changed after samsung updates and Scale is the same

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Display Scale Changed after samsung updates and Scale is the same: I just had a minor samsung updates on this samsung windows 10 laptop and the display scale has changed slightly. I was using 1920x1080 and 100% for size of text, apps and other items, which is the scale. I checked it but these setting didn't change. I tried to change to...
  10. Scaling Problems using 4K Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling Problems using 4K Monitor: I saw a great deal on a UHD monitor and grabbed it, completely unaware of the issues regarding scaling for programs, particularly older programs, in a 4k environment. (For those who also do not know: this is when a program opens and is so tiny on the screen you can't read...