Windows 10: Display Scenario, When a 3rd screen is turned on make it main.

Discus and support Display Scenario, When a 3rd screen is turned on make it main. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently trying to control my set up with a vocal Assistant but i'm struggling with one scenario. I have 2 screens at my desk, and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Latang, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Latang Win User

Display Scenario, When a 3rd screen is turned on make it main.

Hi,

I'm currently trying to control my set up with a vocal Assistant but i'm struggling with one scenario.

I have 2 screens at my desk, and when I turn on a third screen [already plugged], I would like windows to automatically make it the only activated screen. Which would lead my 2 desk screens to enter power saving mode without any other action from my part.

The end goal is to ask the assistant to put the computer on the tv from the sofa, then use my remote keyboard to operate it. (I plan to turn the computer on with a WoL packet, if it is not already woke up).

Do you know how I could trigger a script to do so or a soft that allows to program such scenario ?

Thanks!

:)

Latang, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Latang Win User

Hi,

I'm currently trying to control my set up with a vocal Assistant but i'm struggling with one scenario.

I have 2 screens at my desk, and when I turn on a third screen [already plugged], I would like windows to automatically make it the only activated screen. Which would lead my 2 desk screens to enter power saving mode without any other action from my part.

The end goal is to ask the assistant to put the computer on the tv from the sofa, then use my remote keyboard to operate it. (I plan to turn the computer on with a WoL packet, if it is not already woke up).

Do you know how I could trigger a script to do so or a soft that allows to program such scenario ?

Thanks!

Latang, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Screen Does Not Turn On After "Turn Off Display "

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise when the display drivers gets outdated. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to update the display driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Look for display driver, right-click and then click
      Update.
    • When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Display Scenario, When a 3rd screen is turned on make it main.

Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display

Dear Team,

I am using a Dell Work station T5810XL machine ,installed with WIn 10 OS. There are 2 Nvidia (NVS 315) display driver installed in that machines.

On first Nvidia Card 2 Monitors are connected & works fine in extended display environment. Perfect Screen resolution is maintained at 1280*1024.

On connecting 3rd screen ( Actually a Barco make Large Video screen) on 2nd Nvidia card, & selecting the option " extend 2to3 Display" , the screen resolution drops down automatically on screen no 2 ( i.e Second Monitor) & Screen No 3 ( Large screen). The
    display option on the monitor & Large screen get's reduced.

Please suggest..

ManjitSawhney, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Display Scenario, When a 3rd screen is turned on make it main. - Similar Threads - Display Scenario 3rd

2. Fake 3rd Display?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fake 3rd Display?: I am a teacher working with a laptop, a projector, and a tv connected via Chromecast. My current setup is Computer connected to projector for 2nd display and simulcasting that display over to the Chromecast TV, so it displays on multiple screens in the room; however, there...
  3. Unable to make Dell monitor as Main display

Unable to make Dell monitor as Main display: I have a Dell monitor and a HDTV (720) connected to my Windows 10 computer. Dell is horizontal - DVI HDTV is vertical - HDMI When I turn on the computer and monitor is ON, Windows sees it as Display 1. Unfortunately when I turn on the TV, Windows assigns #1 to TV!!!! Rather...
  4. Make a new main admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Make a new main admin: I was given a used computer at work and the person that had the computer before me set it up. I made an account for me and also made myself an admin. How can I change myself to the main admin and delete the other person's account off the computer?...
  5. unchecking make this my main display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    unchecking make this my main display: hello, I have 2 monitors ( 2nd one just set up), I noticed today that when I tried to open something on my main screen (1st one) it was opened on 2nd monitor, (note: it was not turned on). so I started trying to configure them so the screen that I wanted as main, would be...
  6. 3rd Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3rd Display: Is NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 work with Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/3rd-display/d4780bbc-b8be-467c-9a1e-e57478136bc5
  7. Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display

Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display: Dear Team, I am using a Dell Work station T5810XL machine ,installed with WIn 10 OS. There are 2 Nvidia (NVS 315) display driver installed in that machines. On first Nvidia Card 2 Monitors are connected & works fine in extended display environment. Perfect Screen...
  8. Can't make external monitor main display

Can't make external monitor main display: I have an Acer Aspire ES-15 Win 10 laptop and an external Hanns-G monitor which i would like to make the main display. I go to SETTINGS > DISPLAY and there is a tickbox that says "MAKE THIS MY MAIN DISPLAY" This is the option i want, however the tickbox is greyed out and i...
  9. Main display switches

Main display switches: Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll ask since I have not been able to figure this out or find a solution anywhere. I use 3 monitors - laptop is #1 and I use #2...
  10. Main Display Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Main Display Issue: Anyone come across this issue? Tagging @Kari in to add to the list of bugs found in Win10 if it is determined to be a bug. I have 3 monitors, i always have the middle screen as my main display however today i noticed that the time/date and notifications area etc were now...