Windows 10: Display Scenario, When a 3rd screen is turned on make it main.

Discus and support Display Scenario, When a 3rd screen is turned on make it main. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently trying to control my set up with a vocal Assistant but i'm struggling with one scenario. I have 2 screens at my desk, and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Latang, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Latang Win User

Display Scenario, When a 3rd screen is turned on make it main.

Hi,

I'm currently trying to control my set up with a vocal Assistant but i'm struggling with one scenario.

I have 2 screens at my desk, and when I turn on a third screen [already plugged], I would like windows to automatically make it the only activated screen. Which would lead my 2 desk screens to enter power saving mode without any other action from my part.

The end goal is to ask the assistant to put the computer on the tv from the sofa, then use my remote keyboard to operate it. (I plan to turn the computer on with a WoL packet, if it is not already woke up).

Do you know how I could trigger a script to do so or a soft that allows to program such scenario ?

Thanks!

:)

Latang, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Latang Win User

Hi,

I'm currently trying to control my set up with a vocal Assistant but i'm struggling with one scenario.

I have 2 screens at my desk, and when I turn on a third screen [already plugged], I would like windows to automatically make it the only activated screen. Which would lead my 2 desk screens to enter power saving mode without any other action from my part.

The end goal is to ask the assistant to put the computer on the tv from the sofa, then use my remote keyboard to operate it. (I plan to turn the computer on with a WoL packet, if it is not already woke up).

Do you know how I could trigger a script to do so or a soft that allows to program such scenario ?

Thanks!

Latang, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Screen Does Not Turn On After "Turn Off Display "

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise when the display drivers gets outdated. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to update the display driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Look for display driver, right-click and then click
      Update.
    • When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Display Scenario, When a 3rd screen is turned on make it main.

Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display

Dear Team,

I am using a Dell Work station T5810XL machine ,installed with WIn 10 OS. There are 2 Nvidia (NVS 315) display driver installed in that machines.

On first Nvidia Card 2 Monitors are connected & works fine in extended display environment. Perfect Screen resolution is maintained at 1280*1024.

On connecting 3rd screen ( Actually a Barco make Large Video screen) on 2nd Nvidia card, & selecting the option " extend 2to3 Display" , the screen resolution drops down automatically on screen no 2 ( i.e Second Monitor) & Screen No 3 ( Large screen). The
    display option on the monitor & Large screen get's reduced.

Please suggest..

ManjitSawhney, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Display Scenario, When a 3rd screen is turned on make it main. - Similar Threads - Display Scenario 3rd

2. "Make this my main display" Bugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Make this my main display" Bugging: I have 2 monitors, my laptop's and an external one. I set them to extend, and my laptop's monitor gets set to "main display" by itself. My cursor is stuck in my secondary display and it wont go to the other display. This happens only when I set it to extend. I am currently...
  3. "Make this my main display" Bugging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Make this my main display" Bugging: I have 2 monitors, my laptop's and an external one. I set them to extend, and my laptop's monitor gets set to "main display" by itself. My cursor is stuck in my secondary display and it wont go to the other display. This happens only when I set it to extend. I am currently...
  4. 3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected: HelloI am facing a problem with Windows 10 Enterprise. I downloaded multiple 3rd party screen savers one at a time. When the screen saver starts while I have 3 monitors connected to the computer, I notice that 3 copies of the screen saver starts, one for every screen. But...
  5. 3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected: HelloI am facing a problem with Windows 10 Enterprise. I downloaded multiple 3rd party screen savers one at a time. When the screen saver starts while I have 3 monitors connected to the computer, I notice that 3 copies of the screen saver starts, one for every screen. But...
  6. 3rd party screen saver won't turn off when multiple displays connected

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. saving multiple scenarios of screen display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    saving multiple scenarios of screen display settings: Because my laptop screen and external monitor are different resolutions which is a nightmare that Dell didn't warn me about, I need to have three different display settings scenarios: one for when I have the external monitor connected, one for when I only have the laptop...
  8. How to make Windows change the main display when the other is not in use?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make Windows change the main display when the other is not in use?: I have a 32" monitor that I use as my main, both my Windows 10 personal PC and my work PC are plugged into it with different inputs, and 2 monitors on the side (a 21" monitor on the left that's only connected to my work PC, and a 24" monitor on the top connected only to my...
  9. How to make laptop screen main display when external connected monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to make laptop screen main display when external connected monitor: Hi I have windows 10 OS. I am using Accer E5-573G,which have i3-5005U processor and Nvidia 920M GPU. Thing is that I am using external monitor as my main display and laptop as extended.I don't have UPS While working when power outrage happen my external monitor goes off...
  10. unchecking make this my main display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    unchecking make this my main display: hello, I have 2 monitors ( 2nd one just set up), I noticed today that when I tried to open something on my main screen (1st one) it was opened on 2nd monitor, (note: it was not turned on). so I started trying to configure them so the screen that I wanted as main, would be...