Windows 10: Display screen blacking out while in use and resuming normal activity for a few minutes.

Discus and support Display screen blacking out while in use and resuming normal activity for a few minutes. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While I am using my laptop, the display screen will go completely black with borders. I have not been able to write down what the borders state, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IronicTruth9, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Display screen blacking out while in use and resuming normal activity for a few minutes.

While I am using my laptop, the display screen will go completely black with borders. I have not been able to write down what the borders state, but the screen resumes normal activity after a small bit of time.

:)

IronicTruth9, Jan 7, 2019

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 7, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Display screen blacking out while in use and resuming normal activity for a few minutes.

Lock screen not working even though 'On resume, display logon screen' is checked

Hello,

The Lock screen is not working even though 'On resume, display logon screen' is checked. I have the the settings as 'Wait 10 minutes'. The screen saver does not function (bubble) so I assume that is why the 'On resume, display logon screen' is not working.
    So over night as an example I do not use the computer so assume something is still running that stops it activating the screen saver? So can I check what activity stops the screen saver activating? Thanks

davidfairchild, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Display screen blacking out while in use and resuming normal activity for a few minutes.

1. Display screen blacking out while in use and resuming normal activity for a few minutes. - Similar Threads - Display screen blacking

2. HP Reverb VR1000 headset shows black screen every few seconds--then displays normally for a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Reverb VR1000 headset shows black screen every few seconds--then displays normally for a...: While in VR mode, normal headset display is "BLACKED OUT" for a few seconds--then display is restored. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-reverb-vr1000-headset-shows-black-screen-every/75f8196d-d8a8-4c77-8523-7162f624901e
  3. Win 10 screen rythmically switches between black and normal, for ~15 minutes. Begins while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 screen rythmically switches between black and normal, for ~15 minutes. Begins while...: Greetings,this problem has been going on for about a week now and several times I figured, that whatever I did fixed it - but that's not the case. I googled the issue in ~4 phrasings, followed a bunch of guides as good as I could considering how outdated some of them were....
  4. Win 10 screen rythmically switches between black and normal, for ~15 minutes. Begins while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 screen rythmically switches between black and normal, for ~15 minutes. Begins while...: Greetings,this problem has been going on for about a week now and several times I figured, that whatever I did fixed it - but that's not the case. I googled the issue in ~4 phrasings, followed a bunch of guides as good as I could considering how outdated some of them were....
  5. Black Screen for a few seconds, then returns to normal, then repeats.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen for a few seconds, then returns to normal, then repeats.: Usually after I close a game and return to my desktop, my screen will have a minor glitch then go to a black screen for a few seconds then return to normal. Then everything happens again after like 10 seconds and it just repeats until I restart. This started happening out of...
  6. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  7. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  8. Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes: I've been searching for a few months for a solution to this. I just bought this HP Pavilion and new HP monitor in November, 2018, four months ago. It started about a month after I bought it. Suddenly, the display goes black. The computer and monitor are still ON, but the...
  9. BSOD in every few minutes while NVIDIA activated in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD in every few minutes while NVIDIA activated in BIOS: My problem is in the title. Can you have a look at this? Attachment 143981 Edit : Latest BSOD report while trying to install Nvidia driver. Attachment 143982 88970
  10. Black screen death a few minutes after working normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen death a few minutes after working normally: I've looked at other threads regarding the black-screen issue but my problem seems a little different. Since I installed Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion laptop it boots up OK and I can get as far as my desktop. The taskbar settles in nicely and all seems fine. But if I open...