Windows 10: Display seems stretched

Discus and support Display seems stretched in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10....ran a "cleaner repair software fix" yesterday and now everything on my display looks stretched. I have tried updating the drivers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pam-DalePenrose, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Display seems stretched

Windows 10....ran a "cleaner repair software fix" yesterday and now everything on my display looks stretched.

I have tried updating the drivers and changing the resolution under Display settings to no avail.

:)

Pam-DalePenrose, Apr 24, 2019

2. display stretched after windows update

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that after an Update, your Display is larger and stretched. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know the make and the model of your PC.

Also, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed

• Under Resolution, try changing the resolution settings

Method 2:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

1. Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Display Adaptor”.

3. Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

Try installing latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps. If Windows 10 display driver is not available in the manufacturer website, I suggest you to install the driver in compatibility
    mode.

To install the display driver in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

a. Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps.

Reply us with the status of the issue.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Apr 24, 2019
  3. display large and stretched

Display Driver ATI Radeon HD 4200 installed c0317757.inf today. Ever since my display is large and stretched. I've checked my display settings and they are at the recommended settings. I've tried uninstalling the display driver. Any other suggestions?

frustrated5140, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Display seems stretched

stretching to zoom on display

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying. If you are still facing the issue, I would suggest you to visit the manufacture website and download and install the latest drivers.

As the feature of stretching to zoom on display is a hardware related, you may also contact Lenovo support.

Rohit Chettri, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Display seems stretched

1. Display seems stretched - Similar Threads - Display seems stretched

2. Stretched ultrawide display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stretched ultrawide display: I recently obtained an ultrawide monitor 2850x1080 amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/LG-29WN600-W-29-21-UltraWide/dp/B0876DBCBX/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=ultrawide+monitor&qid=1612304860&sr=8-4 for x-mas, plugging the monitor into my trusty Xps-13 works great, but when I...
  3. Stretching monitor display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stretching monitor display: I am wondering if there is anyway to stretch my display of my monitor out. I have tried every resolution setting and that just changes the aspect ratio. Is there any possible way to just kind of stretch my display out a bit?...
  4. How to stretch display to screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stretch display to screen?: [ATTACH] I have a Dell Laptop and the recommended display is 3840x2160 and a scale of 300% Now this is a problem when I dock my laptop. So I want to change it to 100% and 1280x720 ... but if I do that the screen does not stretch to the edge of my screen ... how do I...
  5. Display of everything stretched out after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display of everything stretched out after Windows Update: I have Windows 10, and recently got a message from Windows saying I needed to update. I did so, and after my computer restarted, everything is stretched out - the desktop, browser, Word, everything I use. It appears the update messed up the display for everything. I read...
  6. Display looks stretched after Win 10 install

Display looks stretched after Win 10 install: My screen looks stretched after win 10 install. I have 3 laptops with this condition. I right click for display settings but there are only 2 resolution settings of 1024x768 or 800x600. How do I fix this?...
  7. Getting display stretching issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting display stretching issue: Hi windows, Getting display stretching issue even though latest graphic drivers installed and proper display settings. Could you please fix it as soon as possible. Thanks and Regards, Prasad...
  8. Stretched Display, cannot access Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stretched Display, cannot access Settings: Windows shut down without warning and started up with a stretched out display. I have tried every fix but all I can access is the internet panel, the rest stay hidden behind the taskbars. I cannot access any settings or other panels,...
  9. video display is sometimes stretched and distorted in windows 10

video display is sometimes stretched and distorted in windows 10: video display is sometimes stretched and distorted in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-display-is-sometimes-stretched-and-distorted/94635229-b8ba-4aaa-9fbb-f5a225619744
  10. stretched screen

stretched screen: Why i can't fix my "stretched screen" on windows 10. This happens after i updated on windows pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stretched-screen/932d2e69-4721-4e27-8406-1c96c686a70b