Windows 10: Display setting causes full screen games to be cropped out

Discus and support Display setting causes full screen games to be cropped out in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items:" set to 150% since the font size are a bit small at 100% (recommended). But whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 2bl, Aug 15, 2015.

1. 2BL
    2bl Win User

Display setting causes full screen games to be cropped out

I have the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items:" set to 150% since the font size are a bit small at 100% (recommended). But whenever I launch a game that's in full screen, it crops the game from the top left corner, only showing a portion of the game. setting it back to 100% seems to fix the view of the game but I really can't work with 100%, everything is so small. Is there any way to fix this without changing back to 100%?

:)

2. Windows 10 Photo Viewer slideshow

Windows 10 Photo Viewer slideshow displays the pictures full size, not full screen, hence they are cropped if bigger than the display.

Hence I cannot use Slideshow as I did in Win 8.

Looks like a glitch to me, or is there a setting for Windows 10 Viewer?

YvesLeroux, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 no longer 'Full screen' on LCD TV after update.

Hi all.

I have always used a 32" LCD TV with my PC at home and the display has always been full screen with no cropped edges. However, since the last Win 10 update, the display area has shrank and I now have thick black borders on the left and right of the screen.

I have attemped to change the display settings but nothing works.

Can anyone help with a fix or any suggestions?

ShaunPerry, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Display setting causes full screen games to be cropped out

You could just change the font size if that is the only thing you are worried about being a bit small ..
    go to Control Panel / Appearance and Personalization / Display and it should say " Change size of items " and " Change only size of Text Size" .. at that point, you should be able to change the font size.

I would recommend going back to 100% recommended if this solves your problem in terms of the font size and changing it back to 100% should solve your game issue as well.

BrandonR188, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Simple answer: Reduce your screen resolution. That will make everything appear larger and you won't get the clipping.

Shamalanana, Aug 17, 2015
  6. 2BL
    2bl Win User
    Ya... I guess that is the best solution. Thanks.

Thema:

Display setting causes full screen games to be cropped out

1. Display setting causes full screen games to be cropped out - Similar Threads - Display setting causes

2. Screen crop issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen crop issue: Hi,Can anyone help me to understand and get rid of this issue.Some times my desktop screen got cropped not exactly cropped, but 20% smaller from the right. I if I maximize all my windows Firefox, Chrome or Explorer. Basically right edge of the screen squared from the right...
  3. Screen crop issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen crop issue: Hi,Can anyone help me to understand and get rid of this issue.Some times my desktop screen got cropped not exactly cropped, but 20% smaller from the right. I if I maximize all my windows Firefox, Chrome or Explorer. Basically right edge of the screen squared from the right...
  4. Screen Brightness Maxes Out Automatically When Game Is Launched Or Display Setting Is Changed

Screen Brightness Maxes Out Automatically When Game Is Launched Or Display Setting Is Changed: This is only something that has started happening relatively recently, but every time I launch a game or change any kind of display setting, my screen maxes out the brightness for no reason. There are no driver updates available and there is no adaptive brightness. My laptop...
  5. full display on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    full display on screen: The top of my screen has disappeared, meaning I cannot see the controls on top, close windows- I open a program and it fills the whole screen. Sometimes there is a black empty space in top. I open tabs and cannot see them. What should I do please?...
  6. Full Screen Games!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full Screen Games!: I downloaded township, but i dont want it to take up the whole screen! How do i make it into a window? Thank you u/SeraphsEnvy! I cant figure out how to change the flair to solved.. submitted by /u/12sGirl89 [link] [comments]...
  7. Full screen Games Causing Black screen (Monitor "Disconnects") before Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Full screen Games Causing Black screen (Monitor "Disconnects") before Crashing: I encountered lots of issues with my PC so far, and at the end of the day I just decided to reinstall Windows fresh. While for the moment the computer is usable, I encountered an odd problem that occurs while playing Whenever I boot a game into full screen mode, it will...
  8. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  9. Full Screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Full Screen display: I was on a website and my screen suddenly just dropped. I have already tried to reset resolution and it is on the recommended. The only F button I have on my computer is fn...
  10. Crop Function Greyed out

Crop Function Greyed out: Within the Camera App, if you take a picture, then click on the recently taken picture on the bottom right corner, this brings up the camera roll. At the top of the screen you have a few buttons. Zoom, Rotate, Crop, Delete and drop down for Photo, Document or Whiteboard....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video display is cropped when playing games