Windows 10: Display setting changes not accepted by computer- not detecting added monitors

Discus and support Display setting changes not accepted by computer- not detecting added monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a surface pro and 2 monitors. Three days ago the system decided that it would not recognize the 2 monitors connected via a port and micro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Reedy-Johnson, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Display setting changes not accepted by computer- not detecting added monitors

I have a surface pro and 2 monitors. Three days ago the system decided that it would not recognize the 2 monitors connected via a port and micro display cables. Now when I open the computer after locking the screen, not shutting down the computer, it does not recognize one or both of the added monitors. I go to the display setting and the computer has chosen to disconnect one or both of the monitors. I manually change to expand to monitors, but it will not accept the change it just reverts back to disconnect. This is absolutely frustrating. This is an institutional/work computer and I do not have admin access to update the drivers and the IT staff are getting frustrated that they have updated drivers but the system continues to refuse to maintain the change to expansion. WTH! I have checked all cables, changed out cables, realigned the monitors, switched out monitors, rebooted multiple times, etc. Nothing works! This is a 1 year old laptop, cables, and monitors so it is not an age issue. HELP!!! I need all 3 screens for my job and can not contact IT to try and figure it out everyday. I do not have time for this nonsense and do not have the ability to change out computers or systems.

:)

Reedy-Johnson, Dec 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings"

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue with the monitors?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What happens when you try to duplicate the monitors?

I suggest you to try changing the display ports of the monitors and check if the second monitor is getting detected.

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try rolling back the driver.

To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand Display adaptor.
    4. Right click on NVIDIA
      Drivers and select Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Method 2: Change the screen resolution.

1. Go to Settings>System>Display.
    2. Under Resolution, set the resolution as 1024 x 768.
    3. Set the same resolution on the other monitor.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Display setting changes not accepted by computer- not detecting added monitors

Windows 10: Issues with detecting and adding second monitor.

Hi Brian,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if second monitor is not added properly.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to add the second monitor in the display and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on
    System.

3. Click on Display.

4. Click on Detect button and try to add the display.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with adding second monitor, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Display setting changes not accepted by computer- not detecting added monitors

1. Display setting changes not accepted by computer- not detecting added monitors - Similar Threads - Display setting changes

2. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi! At our company, we have been using the Codi 7 port mini docks for the majority of our workstations which we use to connect laptops to 2 external monitors via hdmi, mouse and keyboard via usb, and an ethernet cable. Over the past few weeks, a lot of them are starting to...
  3. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi! At our company, we have been using the Codi 7 port mini docks for the majority of our workstations which we use to connect laptops to 2 external monitors via hdmi, mouse and keyboard via usb, and an ethernet cable. Over the past few weeks, a lot of them are starting to...
  4. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitors detected but not displaying

Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi everyone,I previously had 2 monitors connected via VGA, which both worked fine.I purchased 2 Samsung monitors, connected one via HDMI, the other via VGA and 1 of my HP monitors with the other VGA.It shows 4 screens detected but only the HDMI connected screen displays. When...
  6. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors detected but not displaying: Hi everyone,I previously had 2 monitors connected via VGA, which both worked fine.I purchased 2 Samsung monitors, connected one via HDMI, the other via VGA and 1 of my HP monitors with the other VGA.It shows 4 screens detected but only the HDMI connected screen displays. When...
  7. Monitors detected but not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. display monitor not detected

display monitor not detected: I have a second screen which was detected and worked yesterday. I was using it as a second monitor by extending my display. From today I am not able to detect it. I am using a HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the second screen. Steps I have tried: 1. Turning off and then...
  9. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...
  10. Display Monitor Setting Changes on Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Monitor Setting Changes on Startup: I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows 10. My main display monitor is a LG 24 widescreen plugged into the laptop. With Windows 7, I had no problems in using Fn key f5 to set the display to only the LG (showing as "CRT" on the screen). This did not change when I re-booted...