Windows 10: display setting crash

Discus and support display setting crash in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have a windows 10 pc and when i try to open display setting the settings app crashes but its only for the display setting i can open any other tab of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ajmiller2, Aug 28, 2021.

1. ajmiller2 Win User

display setting crash

i have a windows 10 pc and when i try to open display setting the settings app crashes but its only for the display setting i can open any other tab of setting and it would work fine but not for display settings

:)

ajmiller2, Aug 28, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 28, 2021
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 28, 2021
  4. display setting crash

Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

display setting crash

1. display setting crash - Similar Threads - display setting crash

2. Windows Setting crashes on display menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Setting crashes on display menu: Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't...
  3. Windows Setting crashes on display menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setting crashes on display menu: Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't...
  4. Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings: I can't see the apps I'm opening but it's still show in the taskbar.When I open display settings, it shows this:Any ideas how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings/859892ff-7656-406b-8c94-b3d41809d7d9
  5. Display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings: So im on Bootcamp and I wanted to play some windows 10 games and i noticed that none of them run smoothly so I looked at my display settings and my resolution is stuck at 4k and I can't change it....
  6. Windows Explorer crashing due to display scale settings(?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer crashing due to display scale settings(?): Hi. I recently picked up a 4K monitor to compliment two 1080p panels. Since I added the monitor in, I've noticed that Windows Explorer - windows and taskbar - have been crashing. I typically notice it with some strange window behavior, or programs not wanting to minimize....
  7. settings app's buttons are blank and display settings crashes the app

settings app's buttons are blank and display settings crashes the app: when i go into settings, the buttons in almost every category are blank and do nothing, and whenever i go to display settings it crashes the settings app. what should i do? is this issue known to you? do i have malware? also, i don't know if that's connected but when i go...
  8. Settings -> Display -> Settings Crashes

Settings -> Display -> Settings Crashes: Windows Version 1909 I cannot access the display settings, all other settings including the ones in system and advanced display work. The app crashes whenever I click display or system....
  9. Display settings crashes

Display settings crashes: Hello! When I open my settings in windows 10 and click on "System" the setting tab disappears probably crashed, and same thing happens when i right-click on my desktop and click on "display settings". I have tried booting the system in safe mode and everything works fine,...
  10. Windows Settings -- System -- Display crashes

Windows Settings -- System -- Display crashes: Problem in Subject line above. Windows Settings opens OK and all other selections work except for System -- Display. When I click on that item, Settings crashes. Display is the first item on the System list, so when it tries to open it, down it goes. If I right-click on...