Windows 10: Display setting

Discus and support Display setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I connected an monitor to my laptop. I wanted to change form 60 hz to 144 hz i tried changing it but it an appears an error that :- you may not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BhavyaPatel1, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Display setting

I connected an monitor to my laptop. I wanted to change form 60 hz to 144 hz i tried changing it but it an appears an error that :-

you may not have the administrative rights to do that.

what should i do now

NOTE: my microsoft acc logged into the pc is already an administrative acc

:)

BhavyaPatel1, Jan 22, 2020

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Display setting

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Display setting

1. Display setting - Similar Threads - Display setting

2. Windows 10 Display Settings for Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Display Settings for Screen Resolution: So I want to change the resolution on my monitor. I go to Settings, Display and scroll down. The Display Resolution bar is grayed out. It doesn't show a resolution or other possible ones. Unfortunately the first five or so Google efforts to research the issue simply...
  3. How to reset "show only display 2" setting?

How to reset "show only display 2" setting?: Hey! I've got a PC with Windows 10 and one monitor. I wanted to add a second monitor note that this one's an old 4:3 display w/ VGA cable. I bought an adapter from VGA to HDMI my graph card has 1 HDMI and 3 DP slots, one of the latter is for my main monitor. The first time I...
  4. I need help configuring the display settings of file folders in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help configuring the display settings of file folders in Windows Explorer: I hope someone here will be able to help me. I have no problem going to the technet forums if I need to, but I thought I'd ask here first if someone has any idea. In file explorer, let's say I want to navigate to a certain directory, e.g. C:\My_Directory. Now, My_Directory...
  5. Display Settings doesn't open

Display Settings doesn't open: So every time I try to open display settings it doesn't open and it just closes, I wasn't bothered by this until I actually had to go to it and change something. I need help, also this started since a year ago but I wasn't bothered like I am now. Gif of it:...
  6. How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Many users want to use different scaling levels for different monitor when using a dual monitor setup. If you are one of them and want […] This post How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.: I am using two outputs from the motherboard's onboard graphics, the HDMI and the VGA. The VGA is powering a single monitor on the rack and the HDMI is going to a 4-way splitter that powers 3 additional displays. Somehow the setting changes itself from "duplicate" to...
  8. reset display settings only??

reset display settings only??: Is there a way to reset my display settings and personalization settings without reseting the whole pc?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-display-settings-only/4cbef59b-b629-43e5-bf5f-f5f2d8d54dc0
  9. Undo Custom Display Sizing From 500% FIX CUSTOM DISPLAY SET TO 500%

Undo Custom Display Sizing From 500% FIX CUSTOM DISPLAY SET TO 500%: Undo Custom Display Sizing From 500% I'm just wanted to share some useful way to fix this kind of problem and also ask support to my channel I created a useful video to give step by step solution to this and I thank you here is the link click here...
  10. Display Settings Broken

Display Settings Broken: Hi, I have a problem with my settings. When I try to open the Display settings the app crashes.I published a video about that. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-broken/71218dec-d1a9-4e75-a1ec-0bd5bbbffeda