Windows 10: Display settings always change when i duplicate displays

Discus and support Display settings always change when i duplicate displays in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This problem started occuring since i updated to 1809 version. I always used duplicate displays when watching movies on TV but since this update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulUG, Jan 13, 2019.

1. PaulUG Win User

Display settings always change when i duplicate displays

This problem started occuring since i updated to 1809 version.

I always used duplicate displays when watching movies on TV but since this update, when I duplicate tv is on 29hz so everthing on my monitor goes in 29hz also. I looked in advanced display settings and monitor refresh rate is set to 60hz but it goes in 29hz and I cant change hz on my tv without doing ''show on display 1 only'' because it says ''the display settings could not be saved''. So every time I have to switch to display 1 and then switch to 60hz and then I have to duplicate them again for everything to be normal. And the worst thing is, settings are not saved, later when i switch to display 2 and want to watch something on tv, I duplicate displays and I have to repeat whole process.

Before this update, when I switched tv to 60hz it stayed on 60hz every time I duplicate displays

:)

PaulUG, Jan 13, 2019

2. Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Display settings always change when i duplicate displays

Display settings changed

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your display settings issue. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you trying to extend the display?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Display settings always change when i duplicate displays

1. Display settings always change when i duplicate displays - Similar Threads - Display settings always

2. Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate displays, main display laptop is black, other display is displaying: I have a Lenovo ideapad Flex 5. I was on it last night, and I might of pressed some sort of shortcut. The display was completely fine until I accidently did something. It was dark, the lights weren't on, I couldn't see what I did. Now, after this, it seemed like the...
  3. When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate....: When I am in display settings and I go to "detect" two of my monitors are showing up as one monitor how do I separate this? Also when I say extend to desktop it just reverts it back to duplicate. How do I get this to prevent from happening it just reverts back to duplicate...
  4. When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate....

When I choose the extent to desktop and display settings it reverts it back to duplicate....: When I am in display settings and I go to "detect" two of my monitors are showing up as one monitor how do I separate this? Also when I say extend to desktop it just reverts it back to duplicate. How do I get this to prevent from happening it just reverts back to duplicate...
  5. Display Duplication Notification

Display Duplication Notification: I got same notification several times as shown in the attachment when I started to use my laptop after leaving it in sleep condition. Anyone knows what the notification actually means? I wasn't duplicating my screen. My laptop was connected to a wifi....
  6. Display Setting change when I restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Setting change when I restart: I have a HP Spectre X360 14" convertible laptop. I have 2 displays hooked up to it and I keep the laptop closed.. The left display is the desktop and it is extended to the right display. When I do a "restart" the laptop the configuration changes, i.e. the left desktop data...
  7. Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.: I am using two outputs from the motherboard's onboard graphics, the HDMI and the VGA. The VGA is powering a single monitor on the rack and the HDMI is going to a 4-way splitter that powers 3 additional displays. Somehow the setting changes itself from "duplicate" to...
  8. Changing display settings

Changing display settings: When I turn my HP laptop off and back on, the display setting for duplicate screens changes to show display only on screen 2. The laptop is HDMIed to a Sharp TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-display-settings/9c433081-5e0d-4608-b700-1e62f647bfe0
  9. Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays

Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays: Hello, I just bought a new Samsung Q60R 4K tv. When I connect it to my laptop via HDMI, it sets the resolution to 4k on both my laptop main display (which is only capable of 1600x900) and the TV so my laptop screen looks blurry as the Desktop resolution is 3840x2160 and the...
  10. display settings window disappears when trying to change display settings

display settings window disappears when trying to change display settings: Hello and good day, I have a staff's surface pro that is used daily. Today when I tried to change the display settings, the display window loads up and immediately disappears. All I was trying to do for my staff is to change the multiple screen option. But we could not do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor duplicate setting

2. Change duplicate monitor setting

3. duplicate display settings

4. when i duplicate screens it always changes