Windows 10: Display settings are not responding

Discus and support Display settings are not responding in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am on Windows 10. Display settings are not responding when I try to start either from the desktop or from the Start menu. How to resolve this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by je_fe_ro, Mar 19, 2020.

1. je_fe_ro Win User

Display settings are not responding

I am on Windows 10. Display settings are not responding when I try to start either from the desktop or from the Start menu. How to resolve this issue?

:)

je_fe_ro, Mar 19, 2020

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Display settings are not responding - Similar Threads - Display settings are

2. Driver settings not responding and not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver settings not responding and not closing: Hi everyone.Lately I have had many problems with my pc after it sort of broke after an update.The main thing I care about is the fact that when I open the driver settings they freeze and refuse to close.Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!...
  3. Display Settings Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Settings Not Responding: I followed the steps in a community post to set the display to images not icons but they remain icons. The same setting on my desk top do display images. Below is the display of the files images. Hope someone can identify what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance....
  4. Display Settings Not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Settings Not Responding: I followed the steps in a community post to set the display to images not icons but they remain icons. The same setting on my desk top do display images. Below is the display of the files images. Hope someone can identify what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance....
  5. Display Settings Not Responding

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows Update in Settings not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update in Settings not responding: I have Windows 10 Pro, Versiuon 2004, OS Build 19041.508 When I go to Settings Windows Update, the page shows no information, only the heading. So for example I cannot check for updates, see what updates are pending nor can I View Update History. Usingservices.msc shows...
  7. Settings window not responding

Settings window not responding: The settings app is not loading. only blank screen . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-window-not-responding/0cb97d84-8155-469e-86d1-1825b6c2554c
  8. Display Drivers stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Drivers stopped responding: I recently did a fresh install of windows, before this, I have never gotten this issue with this graphics card. I can't find out what is causing this issue. I have looked it up and tried to fix it by increasing tdrdelay, but it didn't fix it. Please Help Specs of PC: CPU:...
  9. Windows 10 display settings not responding

Windows 10 display settings not responding: Windows 10 display settings not responding just showing settings surface and others option works fine i start into safe mode and its work fine when i turn back to normal mode the issue still remaining...
  10. display has stopped responding and recovered

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display has stopped responding and recovered: Hello so I got this message today on my Asus ROG G750JM laptop with Windows 8.1 and it is the first time I got this error on the laptop before. My GPU is an Intel 4600 and a Nvidia 860m. I have downloaded the latest driver for my Intel GPU from the Asus website for my...