Windows 10: display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items

Discus and support display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I find it annoying each time I use Settings to then do a search in order to find what I want. The existing icons aren't explicit it what it contains.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dougham, Aug 30, 2015.

1. dougham Win User

display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items

I find it annoying each time I use Settings to then do a search in order to find what I want. The existing icons aren't explicit it what it contains. EG as the first icon includes Apps I used it for ""uninstall but it isn't there. it's in some other icon. So I have to return to the Settings page, then search.
    Windows 7 allowed changing from Category (similar to current Win 10 Settings) to "Small Icons", which displays all settings items on one page.
    How can I set up Win 10 settings to do the same?

:)

dougham, Aug 30, 2015

2. how do I get favorites icons back?

I have the favorites bar, detailed title and icon. Must hit the down arrow on right of screen to see the remainder of list. With the icons, the all are displayed on the screen. Also , to add a favorite you must go to the star and add item, before all you
    had to do was click on the small icon to the left of favorites and icon would display on the bar

bogeymanii, Aug 30, 2015
  3. NivagW Win User
    window 10 update problems

have latest windows update and now all icons and programs that open are oversized on display. have settings set to small icon and all text small etc, how can I reset to normal screen display???

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

NivagW, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items

1. display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items - Similar Threads - display Settings Win7

2. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays: Hi I have windows 10 and using two display screens.Although in the setting, I have on the taskbar "show all displays", still for some reason, the language icon of the taskbar, is shown only on one screen and not on the second screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  3. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays: Hi I have windows 10 and using two display screens.Although in the setting, I have on the taskbar "show all displays", still for some reason, the language icon of the taskbar, is shown only on one screen and not on the second screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  4. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blurry display and software showing too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry display and software showing too small: Having an absolute nightmare with HP. My laptop, which is an HP Stream 14 cb1 started having sound issues. I ended up with HP's escalation department. They said their remedy would be to replace the laptop with another. They apparently do not make this model of computer...
  6. Blurry display and software showing too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry display and software showing too small: Having an absolute nightmare with HP. My laptop, which is an HP Stream 14 cb1 started having sound issues. I ended up with HP's escalation department. They said their remedy would be to replace the laptop with another. They apparently do not make this model of computer...
  7. Show taskbar labels for ALL items?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show taskbar labels for ALL items?: Hi! I want to show taskbar labels for everything - even if it's not open. I know how to do it for open applications, but it kinda defeats the point for me as the constant shifting of thing will ruin any possible muscle memory. Basically reason is - have a wide monitor now,...
  8. Taskbar settings - how to emulate Win7 and keep all app shortcut icons to the left of all...

Taskbar settings - how to emulate Win7 and keep all app shortcut icons to the left of all...: Hi all- Just migrated from Win7 to Win10. I've added my frequently-used apps (shortcuts?) to the left side of the taskbar. In Win7, clicking the app icon opened a new window and created a wider "open app placeholder" (I don't know the technical term) on the taskbar to...
  9. Toolbar small icons don't display text

Toolbar small icons don't display text: This happens when i use the show text option on small icons [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-small-icons-dont-display-text/39aa45fa-7430-43c8-b189-d5bbf0c1d5cf
  10. Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar: I don't want the date showing on my taskbar, so I put the icon size to small so only the time would show, but it's still showing the date as well. How do I get rid of it? Obviously there's a glitch somewhere, but I don't know where to begin. 87195