Windows 10: display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items

Discus and support display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I find it annoying each time I use Settings to then do a search in order to find what I want. The existing icons aren't explicit it what it contains.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dougham, Aug 30, 2015.

1. dougham Win User

display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items

I find it annoying each time I use Settings to then do a search in order to find what I want. The existing icons aren't explicit it what it contains. EG as the first icon includes Apps I used it for ""uninstall but it isn't there. it's in some other icon. So I have to return to the Settings page, then search.
    Windows 7 allowed changing from Category (similar to current Win 10 Settings) to "Small Icons", which displays all settings items on one page.
    How can I set up Win 10 settings to do the same?

:)

dougham, Aug 30, 2015

2. how do I get favorites icons back?

I have the favorites bar, detailed title and icon. Must hit the down arrow on right of screen to see the remainder of list. With the icons, the all are displayed on the screen. Also , to add a favorite you must go to the star and add item, before all you
    had to do was click on the small icon to the left of favorites and icon would display on the bar

bogeymanii, Aug 30, 2015
  3. NivagW Win User
    window 10 update problems

have latest windows update and now all icons and programs that open are oversized on display. have settings set to small icon and all text small etc, how can I reset to normal screen display???

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

NivagW, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items

1. display Settings as for Win7 small icons - show all items - Similar Threads - display Settings Win7

2. Taskbar settings - how to emulate Win7 and keep all app shortcut icons to the left of all...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar settings - how to emulate Win7 and keep all app shortcut icons to the left of all...: Hi all- Just migrated from Win7 to Win10. I've added my frequently-used apps (shortcuts?) to the left side of the taskbar. In Win7, clicking the app icon opened a new window and created a wider "open app placeholder" (I don't know the technical term) on the taskbar to...
  3. Not all pen settings displayed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not all pen settings displayed: Hey, I have a battery-free pen and a plug and play graphics tablet and I'm unfortunately using windows 10. Because the pen isn't bluetooth connected to my computer, I don't have the option to change specific pen pressure settings. Under "Pen & Windows Ink," only the "Pen"...
  4. Toolbar small icons don't display text

Toolbar small icons don't display text: This happens when i use the show text option on small icons [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-small-icons-dont-display-text/39aa45fa-7430-43c8-b189-d5bbf0c1d5cf
  5. Windows Icon Display Settings

Windows Icon Display Settings: In Windows10, suddenly the desktop icon names and the folder names have disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/windows-icon-display-settings/c65a8efa-82ed-4f59-a6b1-18e86d327ad7
  6. System Tray Icons Showing Small Even When Taskbar Set To Large

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray Icons Showing Small Even When Taskbar Set To Large: In Windows 10, I have my taskbar set to large. My taskbar shortcuts show up correctly, but my system tray icons show up small. [img] I have already tried rebooting, moving my taskbar to the left side and back to the bottom and rebuilding my icon cache. None have worked....
  7. Icons once they are pinned show small versions and a square

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons once they are pinned show small versions and a square: I have an issue with Windows 10. When I first installed Windows 10 everything was fine but I have found that the icons pinned to the taskbar are the correct icon but they are very small and inside a square. In my case its a blue square. Any way to get those icons back to the...
  8. Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar: I don't want the date showing on my taskbar, so I put the icon size to small so only the time would show, but it's still showing the date as well. How do I get rid of it? Obviously there's a glitch somewhere, but I don't know where to begin. 87195
  9. Script or registry entry to set the display order for all desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Script or registry entry to set the display order for all desktop icon: I have a very good desktop restore app and so far my icons don't seem to be moving themselves. But I would like to have a method of doing a "sort by alphabetic" as a command line or registry key edit that I can set up a hotkey for if possible. Glad you had not gotten to this...
  10. My programs are showing extremely small icons and text

in Windows 10 Support
    My programs are showing extremely small icons and text: I got a new laptop (ASUS q534ux) and noticed that some of my programs have extremely small text and icons. I am running Windows 10 version 10.0.14393. I've attached images on guitar pro 6 as an example - one of how it displays on my system and one of how it should look. This...