Windows 10: Display settings change randomly.

Discus and support Display settings change randomly. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 10 using an LG external monitor. My display settings keep changing randomly from just displaying the external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZachS1313, Aug 23, 2020.

1. ZachS1313 Win User

Display settings change randomly.

I have an Asus Zenbook with Windows 10 using an LG external monitor. My display settings keep changing randomly from just displaying the external monitor to displaying both the laptop and external monitor, particularly after a Windows update. I cleared the display cache but this still occurs on occasion. Please let me know if there is a fix for this. FYI, Windows 10 is **** with its constant updating. I would have never gone from Windows 7 to Windows 10 if MS continued to support it.

:)

ZachS1313, Aug 23, 2020

2. Display settings changed

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your display settings issue. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you trying to extend the display?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Display settings randomly changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better
    assistance.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Are you using any adapters from HDMI port or is it a straight cable from your laptop to the external display?
    3. Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which version
    of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

As you’ve already tried updating the drivers, I would suggest you to change the power plan settings to high performance
    and let us know the result. To do so,

1. Press Windows + I key > System > Power & sleep.
    2. Choose Additional power settings.
    3. Click on Change plan settings beside the power plan you have set as default which next to Balanced (recommended).
    4. Click on Change advanced power settings.
    5. Change power plan settings to High performance.
    6. Click on Apply and Ok.
    7. Restart the device and check the status of the issue.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue with the additional information. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Display settings change randomly.

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Display settings change randomly.

1. Display settings change randomly. - Similar Threads - Display settings change

2. Monitor settings randomly change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor settings randomly change: I have a Philips monitor with the SmartImage feature, and after a Windows update, it started changing settings on its own, like switching the SmartImage mode from Racing to Gamer1. I tried downloading the latest drivers for both the monitor and graphics card, but the issue is...
  3. Monitor settings randomly change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor settings randomly change: I've been experiencing an issue with my Philips monitor where the SmartImage feature unpredictably switches to "Racing" mode on its own. Despite manually disabling this setting, it often reactivates itself multiple times until it finally remains off, only to recur upon...
  4. Monitor settings randomly change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor settings randomly change: I've been experiencing an issue with my Philips monitor where the SmartImage feature unpredictably switches to "Racing" mode on its own. Despite manually disabling this setting, it often reactivates itself multiple times until it finally remains off, only to recur upon...
  5. Mouse settings changed randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse settings changed randomly: when i scroll it randomly changes to multiple lines at a time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-settings-changed-randomly/fdc60f7c-862a-4dbc-ba71-ea5826f33f59
  6. Mouse settings changed randomly

Mouse settings changed randomly: when i scroll it randomly changes to multiple lines at a time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-settings-changed-randomly/fdc60f7c-862a-4dbc-ba71-ea5826f33f59
  7. Windows changes display settings

Windows changes display settings: On a number of occasions, when I turn on my laptop, Windows 11 has changed the lock screen to show pictures - while have always have it set to Windows Spotlight. And often changes the background to a different wallpaper to the one i use.I am getting fed up of always having to...
  8. Changing display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing display settings: When I turn my HP laptop off and back on, the display setting for duplicate screens changes to show display only on screen 2. The laptop is HDMIed to a Sharp TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-display-settings/9c433081-5e0d-4608-b700-1e62f647bfe0
  9. Display settings keep changing

Display settings keep changing: So I have a laptop that I use mostly on a dock with an external monitor hooked up. I have it set as 2 separate displays, but when I take my laptop off the dock and use it as a normal laptop, and then put it back on the dock, the main display stays as the laptop rather than...
  10. Display settings randomly changing

Display settings randomly changing: I use a laptop - Windows 10. Used in one of three ways. Stand alone, 50% of the time with a power cable attached. Or, connected to a monitor via HDMI, with a power cable. Monitor is latest on market. On occasion, to a projector, latest on market, via HDMI. When...