Windows 10: Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

Discus and support Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 monitors, a 27" 1080p and 32" 4K monitor. In display settings, extended desktop, the 1080p monitor is showing as 1/4 the size of the 4k... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dazzler3622, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

Hi, I have 2 monitors, a 27" 1080p and 32" 4K monitor. In display settings, extended desktop, the 1080p monitor is showing as 1/4 the size of the 4k monitor, so the edge to move the mouse between displays is tiny.Is there any way to make the 1080p monitor look more representative of its actual size in these settings, so that I can move the mouse between monitors easier?Thanks in advance for any help.Dorian

:)

Dazzler3622, Nov 14, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

The images will be repositioned in the Windows Screensaver based on the aspect ratios. Also, if the pictures are taken as portrait and not Landscape they will never fill the entire screen of the screensaver and the result would be a visible display offset.

We suggest that you check the desktop resolution to correct this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click in an open area on your desktop, select Display Setings.
    • Under Display, click on
      Advanced display settings.
    • Try to change the resolution and click on
      Apply
      and on Keep changes.

We also suggest that you check if this issue also occurs using a different user account.

Kindly get back to us so we can assist you further.

Xylee Del, Nov 14, 2021
  3. Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions

I ran into a similar problem, until I discovered that if I set the display properties to Extended (in Project), then I could set the TV resolution to something different than the laptop screen resolution --because the screen was not mirrored anymore.

Also, the default text sizing was 150% for the second display, so when I dragged a Window to it, the contained text vanished. By setting the default text sizing to 100% for both displays, when I dragged the video window to the desktop on the TV, the text did not change size.

Mark Phelps, Nov 14, 2021
  4. Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 14, 2021
Thema:

Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

1. Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions - Similar Threads - Display settings extended

2. Issue in Extended display with different resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in Extended display with different resolution: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2. I am extending my laptop display of resolution 1080p with another monitor with resolution 1440p with extended display set as main display.When the laptop display and the extended display are turned off due to inactivity...
  3. Issue in Extended display with different resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue in Extended display with different resolution: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2. I am extending my laptop display of resolution 1080p with another monitor with resolution 1440p with extended display set as main display.When the laptop display and the extended display are turned off due to inactivity...
  4. Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions: Hi, I have 2 monitors, a 27" 1080p and 32" 4K monitor. In display settings, extended desktop, the 1080p monitor is showing as 1/4 the size of the 4k monitor, so the edge to move the mouse between displays is tiny.Is there any way to make the 1080p monitor look more...
  5. Extend Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extend Display Settings: Hello. I want to ask what to do with my laptop. The situation is that. . when I click on the 'Extend' in the projection settings, the one that will show up in my laptop screen is just the background wallpaper, while the one being projected is that which is should be on my...
  6. Extended Display Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extended Display Settings: I was going through the display settings in my laptop to connect to a projector. After I selected 'Extend to all screens', I accidently selected 'keep changes' instead of 'revert'. Now, I'm not able to select the display settings options. I really could use some help...
  7. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...
  8. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings: I bought a HP Pavilion with windows 10 home and im running 3 monitors. 1 32" LG TV and 2 LG Ultrawide monitors via a j5 create adaptor. For a while everything was running fine until the screen black out for a second the came back. The display resolution went from...
  9. Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions: Hi I have an Acer 1440x900 @ 60Hz monitor for my PC connected by VGA to my GTX 650 - I have my LG 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (50Hz compatible) TV connected via a long HDMI cable... I currently have the displays mirrored, but the resolution on the TV is the same as the Acer (1440x990...
  10. Herlp setting 2 displays with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Herlp setting 2 displays with different resolutions: Hi I have an Acer 1440x900 @ 60Hz monitor for my PC connected by VGA to my GTX 650 - I have my LG 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (50Hz compatible) TV connected via a long HDMI cable... I currently have the displays mirrored, but the resolution on the TV is the same as the Acer (1440x990...