Windows 10: display settings failed

Discus and support display settings failed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my ZED AIR laptop display settings cant be edited after update to new pre-installed windows 10, how do i fix my issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rosoldier, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Rosoldier Win User

display settings failed

my ZED AIR laptop display settings cant be edited after update to new pre-installed windows 10, how do i fix my issue?

:)

Rosoldier, Sep 6, 2018

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

display settings failed

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

display settings failed

1. display settings failed - Similar Threads - display settings failed

2. Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings: I can't see the apps I'm opening but it's still show in the taskbar.When I open display settings, it shows this:Any ideas how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings/859892ff-7656-406b-8c94-b3d41809d7d9
  3. Display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings: So im on Bootcamp and I wanted to play some windows 10 games and i noticed that none of them run smoothly so I looked at my display settings and my resolution is stuck at 4k and I can't change it....
  4. Display Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Settings: When in Settings > Display, the drop downs for Resolution & Orientation flicker and wont allow me to select them for a long enough period of time to make any changes. The same issue occurs when extra monitors are plugged in and I try to arrange the displays; the monitors just...
  5. Display Settings

Display Settings: So, I am using Windows 10 latest version in my Lenovo Ideapad 320. After updating there is kind of problem. My pc got slow and whenever I click right mouse button on the desktop and want to open the display setting or personalise, it is showing this problem:- This file...
  6. display settings

display settings: My computer has been crashing so I disconnected all cards and hard drives not using reset Windows 10 2 times have the computer sides off to run cooler. In settings Windows 10 display resolution and display orientation flicker randomly and a chirping noise through the...
  7. Win10 fails to open display settings

Win10 fails to open display settings: when I launch display settings - the launch fails after 1 second display of the settings pop-up. This happens when I use start/system/display or when I right-click on desktop and select display settings. Anyone else have a method to get into display settings? I want to...
  8. Display settings

Display settings: Suddenly I have two black borders either side of the screen. I have followed all instructions to change the resolution under 'settings' - Advanced Display - Resolution etc but there is no 'apply' button to confirm. And to be honest I haven't needed to change any of the...
  9. Display Settings

Display Settings: I have a HP Envy 27 All in one PC and want to connect 2 x extra monitors ASUS VP247. I was advised to buy a Targus USB 3.0 DV1K-2K Travel docking station to connect the monitors. The problem is that when I go into display settings, I get a response that the computer cannot...
  10. display settings

display settings: how can i shrink my dell laptop desktop screen to fit my TCL flat screen tv? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/display-settings/23140ce4-c282-4c66-8a95-d1001929c364