Windows 10: Display settings for dual monitors

Discus and support Display settings for dual monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im using dual monitors. Can I have different backgrounds for each monitor? I want to have a darker background on my larger monitor #2 as the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaiaSophia, May 13, 2020.

1. Display settings for dual monitors

Im using dual monitors. Can I have different backgrounds for each monitor?

I want to have a darker background on my larger monitor #2 as the current

background reflects to brightly on my face for online meetings.

Thank you,

Gaia

:)

GaiaSophia, May 13, 2020
  2. Vivian_S Win User

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, May 13, 2020
  3. TomEPike Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Objective: I have dual monitors (as an extended desktop, side by side) and want it to show my own pictures as a screensaver slideshow in Windows 10.

Problem: Only the lower half ot the picture is diplayes in the top half of monitor 1. Monitor 2 is black.

Addtional observations:

• In "Screen Saver Settings" the small mock-up display looks fine, however when i select "Preview" the problem with only half the picture displayed occurs also in the preview.
    • The problem does not occur with only one monitor in use
    • The problem does not occur with dual monitors set to "Duplicate these displays"

Gratefull for all suggestions to solve the problem

The same picture also work fine as desctop background with different pictures displayed on each monitor.

TomEPike, May 13, 2020
  4. Display settings for dual monitors

Display Issue with error message: no signal detected on Secondary monitor, Dual monitor set up, Windows 10.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate for the detailed information, time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. However, could you please let us know, was it working earlier? If yes, was there any major change
    on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > System.
    2. Click on Display on the left pane.
    3. Click on Advanced display settings link on the right pane.
    4. You would see Display information for both the monitors.
    5. Click on Display adapter properties for Display 1 and
      Display adapter properties for Display 2 link.
    6. Check if the Screen refresh rate is same for both the display, if not please change either one to set them to same. Then click on
      Apply > OK.

You may also want to refer
    Set up dual monitors on Windows 10
    and
    Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10
    for more detailed information.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Display settings for dual monitors

1. Display settings for dual monitors - Similar Threads - Display settings dual

2. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Display: I am running dual monitors and when not active, one screen goes black while the other goes into screen saving mode. Is there a way to keep the one screen from going black?...
  3. Display for Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display for Dual Monitors: For work recently I set up 2 monitors and it presently works, but its a little iffy. While not in use after a few minutes the screen goes black, which isnt odd since it always does that and we are limited on things we can use like screen savers. However while its not in use...
  4. Dual monitor set up / both monitors displaying same screen

Dual monitor set up / both monitors displaying same screen: Hello, I recently purchased a new desktop set up with two monitors. I have set everything up and now that everything is turned on both monitors are displaying the same exact same screen. Any window I open appears on both monitors and the mouse cursor appears and moves the...
  5. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Display: I just recently got a PC and 2 monitors for my office. I have the PC and one monitor hooked together because there was only one HDMI plug. I ordered a dual HDMI splitter so that I could connect too both screens at the same time. However, I want the screens to be connected...
  6. Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up

Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up: I just got a new monitor to go with my laptop and I plugged it in. However, when I go to the display settings it says that the new monitor is smaller than my laptop's desktop screen. Is there a way to change the settings so that the larger monitor is displayed as so in the...
  7. dual monitor settings

dual monitor settings: ok...my larger monitor which is also my tv is to my left the smaller one to the right...thus the large one is set at 1 and the smaller at 2...without changing that...is it possible to set things up to play my games on the 2nd smaller monitor..I prefer my mouse changing...
  8. dual monitor display

dual monitor display: Hi I recently added an additional monitor using a usb to display port adapter. I am not able to drag open windows to the second monitor. Any ideas would be appreciated....
  9. Dual Monitor not displaying

Dual Monitor not displaying: I hope I'm in the right area as I'm a bit frazzled right now and new to this site. Setting up a 2nd monitor on my Win10 PC - 1st Monitor is Samsung S27E310 connected to NVidia Quadro NVS 290 graphics card. 2nd is Samsung S270C230 plugged into USB via IOGEAR External VGA...
  10. Dual Monitor Display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Display: Had dual monitors working. Do know what happened but know can only get 1 monitor at a time to work. Using a StarTechcom DVI-D to VGA Adapter Converter. When 2nd monitor is attached to adapter, adapter attached to pc tower, will not get any options nor will both displays show....