Windows 10: display settings got all messed up

Discus and support display settings got all messed up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] i was playing valorant and i pressed some weird button that made a beep noise, after that a weird tab popped out but i ignored it since i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zaggrinx, Aug 24, 2022.

1. display settings got all messed up

display settings got all messed up a0mjd1uaplj91.jpg

i was playing valorant and i pressed some weird button that made a beep noise, after that a weird tab popped out but i ignored it since i was mid match. I tabbed back out to see my display in grids and even my discord and browser is in white rectangular grids with the colours all messed up. Anyone can help?

submitted by /u/zaggrinx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zaggrinx, Aug 24, 2022

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 24, 2022
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Aug 24, 2022
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

display settings got all messed up

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Aug 24, 2022
Thema:

display settings got all messed up

1. display settings got all messed up - Similar Threads - display settings got

2. Display is Messed up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display is Messed up!: I had trouble with my desktop icons, and somehow messed up my desktop. The text of the name of file under the icon is very very tiny. In my browser, the "file" Edit View History Etc tab fonts are very very tiny. And when I right click on the desktop, the window is very...
  3. Display is Messed up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display is Messed up!: I had trouble with my desktop icons, and somehow messed up my desktop. The text of the name of file under the icon is very very tiny. In my browser, the "file" Edit View History Etc tab fonts are very very tiny. And when I right click on the desktop, the window is very...
  4. Display is Messed up!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Messed up display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up display: Hi my screen is all messed up and I can't use my laptop now even with an external monitor and I don't know what the prob is. Before it got messed up the laptop would freeze randomly and I have to restart it every time. I am wondering how I would boot into safe mode with a...
  6. Messed up display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up display: Hi my screen is all messed up and I can't use my laptop now even with an external monitor and I don't know what the prob is. Before it got messed up the laptop would freeze randomly and I have to restart it every time. I am wondering how I would boot into safe mode with a...
  7. Messed up display settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed up display settings: Hi there,recently i was trying to set up dual screens on my computer, when i accidentally enabled some setting. I was on the display settings page, and the option i enabled may have been ¨duplicate screen¨, but im not sure. After i did it, i am basically unable to use my...
  8. Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up: I just got a new monitor to go with my laptop and I plugged it in. However, when I go to the display settings it says that the new monitor is smaller than my laptop's desktop screen. Is there a way to change the settings so that the larger monitor is displayed as so in the...
  9. Audio got messed up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio got messed up.: In my PC, whenever I plug in my headphones and such, a pop - up appears. It's "Realtek HD audio" or something. Here you can check if your headset/speaker is working and such. So once I plugged in my headset, but I didn't close the popup, and went to the toilet. When I got...
  10. icon display all messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    icon display all messed up: hi... i have like ten thousand icons in folders i have saved all of a sudden when i open a folder the icon sizes are all different... large is medium and medium is medium and small and the sizes and the spacing are all mixed together and every time i scroll the screen...