Windows 10: Display settings no longer available

Discus and support Display settings no longer available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can no longer change the brightness on my Dell Laptop - I'm not sure when this happened but I can't make it brighter or darker. The Display settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillyCriscione, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Display settings no longer available

I can no longer change the brightness on my Dell Laptop - I'm not sure when this happened but I can't make it brighter or darker. The Display settings in the Control Panel are no longer available.

:)

BillyCriscione, Dec 13, 2018

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Display settings no longer available

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Display settings no longer available

1. Display settings no longer available - Similar Threads - Display settings longer

2. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Display settings are not available: Hello, so I've just made the big jump for my old lap top and old windows and happily upgraded to Win10. The problems started before that also I have no idea when and where exactly I screwed thing up. I wanted to see if my Nvidia control panel is ok since I haven't opened it...
  3. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Display settings are not available: Hello, so I've just made the big jump for my old lap top and old windows and happily upgraded to Win10. The problems started before that also I have no idea when and where exactly I screwed thing up. I wanted to see if my Nvidia control panel is ok since I haven't opened it...
  4. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. set longer time for screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    set longer time for screen display: How do I set the screen display to stay on longer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-longer-time-for-screen-display/b9aa5570-9991-49f7-99a5-32b1adfd0a61
  6. PIN is no longer available - security settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PIN is no longer available - security settings: After finishing the installationons for my new laptop, I want to start Instead of a login option the system showed this message: "The PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings of this device." No option is offered to sign in to the device, so...
  7. Display Settings no longer available in Settings App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings no longer available in Settings App: I'm really at a loss as to what happened, or how to resolve it, but I no longer have a 'Display' category or settings in the settings app. [ATTACH] As you can see above, where it would usually display above 'Sound', it is missing. Settings in that category will show in...
  8. 144Hz no longer an available option in Windows settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    144Hz no longer an available option in Windows settings: I hope this is the correct place to post, I apologize if not. I have a 144Hz 1080p monitor, GTX 1080Ti, connected with a HDMI 2.0 cable. When I first set up this system a little over a year ago, I was able to select 144Hz in Windows settings. Between now and then I hooked up...
  9. NVIDIA Display settings are not available

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA Display settings are not available: Hi everyone, I know this isn't a Windows problem, but I feel like this is the best forum for me to post in since I got a great and fast response for my problem last time. When I try to open my NVIDIA Control Panel, it always gives me the message: "NVIDIA Display...
  10. Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting: Since the latest update, viewing a folder from within a library shows the view setting (list, details, tiles etc.) that the library has set rather than the view set for that actual folder. Before the update, it would show the way the folder itself was set up therefore I...