Windows 10: Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep

Discus and support Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop connected to two old Dell monitors that I've configured for extended display. I can get everything set up exactly the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sabrina Darnowsky, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep

I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop connected to two old Dell monitors that I've configured for extended display. I can get everything set up exactly the way I want it, but when I "wake up" the laptop after it has gone to sleep, the display settings are often not retained. Sometimes the second monitor displays the login prompt rather than the main monitor, and when I log in, the monitors are in mirror mode rather than extended mode. I can fix it by restarting the laptop, but I would expect the settings to be retained after the laptop goes to sleep, since they're clearly retained after a restart.

:)

Sabrina Darnowsky, Sep 23, 2022

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 23, 2022
  3. David Haz Win User
    Display goes to sleep

If all power option settings are set to Never, but your display still goes to sleep or turns off after a period of inactivity, it could be that the screensaver settings are turned on or configured to turn off the display. May we know if you have checked
    the screensaver settings of your computer? If not, here's how to check the screensaver settings in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type screensaver, then select it from the search results.
    • See if the screensaver is enabled.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Sep 23, 2022
  4. David Haz Win User

Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep

Display goes to sleep

Hi Robert,

Sleep mode can save your monitor from burn-in or prevent your laptop from wasting its battery life. If your PC sleeps even if the settings are already configured, it could mean that some of the settings are incorrectly set, or that a Windows component has
    been damaged. For us to isolate the issue about your computer going to sleep, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Aside from the update that was installed, have you made other changes to your device (i.e. install an application, driver, etc.)?
    • Are there third-party applications installed on your device?
    • Have you checked if all the important updates for your device is installed?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep

1. Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep - Similar Threads - Display settings saved

2. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  3. Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer display goes to sleep quickly despite sleep settings: I'm having trouble with my computer going to sleep too quickly. I currently have all the sleep settings set so the screen won't turn off or go to sleep for 2+ hours. Despite this, my computer screen goes to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity and seemingly disregards my...
  4. Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings not saved when laptop goes to sleep: I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop connected to two old Dell monitors that I've configured for extended display. I can get everything set up exactly the way I want it, but when I "wake up" the laptop after it has gone to sleep, the display settings are often not retained....
  5. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......
  6. Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Display goes to sleep when it is set to never: I have tried changing the power settings and restarting them to default. I have tried restarting the pc while changing the power settings as suggested, but still haven't reached or found a solution. Please help......
  7. BSOD when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD when laptop goes to sleep: Hi everyone, I'm running windows 10 on a macbook with bootcamp. Everything was working well, but since 05/22 my laptop cannot go to sleep mode anymore. If I try to put it to sleep from the start menu or by closing the lid it crashes and reboot. I get the following error in...
  8. Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep: I got a new HP ENVY laptop with the Updated Windows 10. It has worked fine when i first got it, i started to use it for school alot and it started to have issues waking up. Now it won't wake up at all unless I force Shut Down the whole system. What do i do to fix it. So far...
  9. Hello Everyone! When I press the sleep button or when my laptop goes to sleep, the display...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello Everyone! When I press the sleep button or when my laptop goes to sleep, the display...: submitted by /u/Subodh42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw99hu/hello_everyone_when_i_press_the_sleep_button_or/
  10. Second display goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display goes to sleep.: I have an older system with duel monitors operating on windows 10. The second monitor goes to sleep during boot up and is not detected in display settings. This has happend in past windows updates, but was always dectected and therefore recoverabl...