Windows 10: Display Settings on Docking Stations

Discus and support Display Settings on Docking Stations in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, My organisation has recently used to Windows 10 and our estate is largely made up of Surface pro 4's, 6's and surface laptop 2's. we use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack1818, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Jack1818 Win User

Display Settings on Docking Stations

Hi all,

My organisation has recently used to Windows 10 and our estate is largely made up of Surface pro 4's, 6's and surface laptop 2's. we use these with the surface docking station with mini display ports to connect to 2 monitors.

i have set most of the display settings up for the users in the proper configuration however i have noticed that i am getting frequent calls about monitors not working, when i see the user i instantly go to display settings and notice that the docking station is aware of the 2 external displays however it has changed them to "disconnect this display". Does anyone know what causes this? and if so what to do to prevent this as my team has received a lot of calls logged about this.

Thank you

:)

Jack1818, Jul 16, 2019
  2. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Jul 17, 2019
  3. External display with laptop and docking station

I have a Lenovo T440p laptop and docking station with a Dell external monitor. When I am using my laptop in the docking station I use both screens and select "extend this display" in the display settings to activate the external monitor. Heres my problem.
    When I remove my laptop from the docking station it reverts to using one or the other displays when returned to the docking station, meaning it may be my laptop or it may be my external monitor. Windows seems to decide on its own which one I get to use so
    I have to go into display settings nearly every time and select extend these displays to use both monitors. Its becoming time consuming and annoying. Why wont it remember that I am using 2 displays. I am running windows 10. I have asked our IT guys to fix
    it but after weeks of asking and not getting any results from what they try a have given up hope. I had a different laptop, same brand and model that didnt display this behavior when returned to the docking station.

Ray Dillon, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Display Settings on Docking Stations

External display with laptop and docking station

Hi Ray,

It is possible that there's no main display that was set to your Windows 10 devices, when you connect your laptop to the dock station. This could be one of the possible reasons that whenever you disconnect your laptop, it reverts to either of the two displays.
    To get this corrected, let's try to set a display as your main display. Here are the steps:

• Right click or press and hold on your desktop.
    • Click on Display settings.
    • On the right side of Display, click on the display number at the top that you want to make the main display, and check the
      Make this my main display box under Multiple displays.
    • Then, you can close Settings.

Additionally, there's an easier way to extend your monitor display so that you wouldn't need to go to the display settings every time you want to have an external display. To do that, simply press
    Windows key + P on your primary computer to see the options.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Display Settings on Docking Stations

1. Display Settings on Docking Stations - Similar Threads - Display Settings Docking

2. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  3. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multiple displays not working with a docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple displays not working with a docking station: I can always connect one monitor at a time, but once I connect a second, both displays go black #3 and #2, #1 and #4 are the laptop screens. What does it mean that #2 is grayed out?...
  6. docking station for extended display is not working.

docking station for extended display is not working.: I went to Display but there's no option for me to choose to extend display. I even did Win+P but monitor won't extend. PLease help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-for-extended-display-is-not/102d1335-019e-4b1c-94c9-e1c4de47f73c
  7. USB on docking station

USB on docking station: I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no...
  8. docking station keyboad.

docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2
  9. Hp docking station

Hp docking station: Is there a way to change the docking station power button settings? When ita pushed now it turns off my computer, is there a way to turn that feature off or change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-docking-station/0705e5a2-bd57-459f-901e-1d5a97c2b4c1
  10. Multiple Docking Stations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Docking Stations: I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st docking station settings ( 2 monitors, one portrait, one landscape) etc......