Windows 10: Display settings options within settings app flickers

Discus and support Display settings options within settings app flickers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I have an issue regarding windows 10 display settings. All the other settings within the app work fine. however when I try to alter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Strider123abx, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Display settings options within settings app flickers

Hello everybody,

I have an issue regarding windows 10 display settings. All the other settings within the app work fine. however when I try to alter display settings, it reverts back to the same. for example if I am trying to alter the layout of my two monitors, I will attempt to drag and drop the screen but it just flickers back and forth and then when I release it, it reverts back to its original position. furthermore, all the settings for the display also flicker, resolution orientation etc. I came across this issue when I reset my computer with a full reinstall of windows after a hard drive wipe. before this reinstall everything worked completely fine.

I have tried:

• uninstalling and reinstalling drivers
    • updating windows
    • reinstalling settings

my setup is a GTX 1070 8gb to a 60hz monitor and a intel i7 7700k processor which I have linked up to the secondary monitor via the motherboard IO slots

Any help would be greatly appreciated Display settings options within settings app flickers :)

:)

Strider123abx, Dec 2, 2019

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Dec 2, 2019
  3. RyBell Win User
    Windows 10 Display Settings Flickering

Hello All,

I have a 7280 with Windows 10 and this is an isolated incident. The machine when going to Display Settings, all the options flicker. When I move Monitor 1 on the other side of Monitor 2, it flickers and resets to its original position. Happens on dock and
    off of dock.

This is not an imaged machine either. This is a fresh install, with all drivers freshly installed. However if you go into the Intel Gfx settings, you can do whatever you want however a working around is not what were looking for.

Steps I've done:

1. Reinstalled all drivers from BIOS up

2. Reinstalled all drivers for docking station

3. Restarted

4. Ran Diagnostics ( no errors found )

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Ryan

RyBell, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Display settings options within settings app flickers

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Display settings options within settings app flickers

1. Display settings options within settings app flickers - Similar Threads - Display settings options

2. Startup Apps not displaying in Settings > Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup Apps not displaying in Settings > Apps: I started my pc, and found out that my EarTrumpet app was turned off @ startup, so I went to Settings > Apps > Startup Apps. But surprisingly, Startup Apps option was not there. I tried googling it, but I didn't get any results, so I'm posting this community post as I need...
  3. No "set as default" option in Display Languages

No "set as default" option in Display Languages: [ATTACH] There is only english in preferred languages place. but There isnt any other language in Display Language part. well I see that my license can only support 1 display language.. I thought its only means my other windows accounts in laptop cant use different display...
  4. Looking for an obscure memory tuning setting deep within settings app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for an obscure memory tuning setting deep within settings app: To allegedly increase performance, altough it was shown to be rather a placebo, curiosity is killing me and I wanna re enable it for fun. It's a rather new setting. If you know what I am talking about and have the name of that setting ready please let me know. Thank you...
  5. Display settings and Personalize options not working.

Display settings and Personalize options not working.: Hello, when I right click on my desktop and then select Display Options or Personalize then a command prompt is showing up for milisecond and then it dissapear?......
  6. Display Settings Flickering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Settings Flickering: I'm trying to experiment with some Resolution issues in my Settings. However, when I try to, the settings are constantly flickering/blinking. When I press them (eg. Display Resolution), it opens the dropdown for a fraction of a second and then automatically closes. Then it...
  7. Drop-down menus in display settings flickering

Drop-down menus in display settings flickering: The drop-down menus in the display settings are flickering, making it difficult to adjust resolutions or adjust external monitors sometimes. This is happening on 3 different Lenovo ThinkPad P52 laptops running Windows 10 Enterprise Ver. 1903. I have run all Windows and Lenovo...
  8. Display Settings no longer available in Settings App

Display Settings no longer available in Settings App: I'm really at a loss as to what happened, or how to resolve it, but I no longer have a 'Display' category or settings in the settings app. [ATTACH] As you can see above, where it would usually display above 'Sound', it is missing. Settings in that category will show in...
  9. 1080p Not An Option in Display Settings

1080p Not An Option in Display Settings: I have a laptop with a 4k display but because of all the pixels being rendered, it causes my battery life to be pretty bad. I want to scale down my laptop display to 1080p since 1080p is exactly 4 times fewer pixels than 4k and therefore looks the most natural. But for some...
  10. Links within display settings not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links within display settings not working: [ATTACH] The links in the above are not working. I wish to access the 27" monitor settings as despite having the right drivers, and the right cables, it will not display anything above 1920*1080....