Windows 10: Display Setting's Reset on Boot

Discus and support Display Setting's Reset on Boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having this issue with my new setup. motherboard: msi b450 tomahawk max CPU: amd 3600 GPU: MSI 2070 Super x Trio OS: windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jacko王俊, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Display Setting's Reset on Boot

Hello, I'm having this issue with my new setup.

motherboard: msi b450 tomahawk max

CPU: amd 3600

GPU: MSI 2070 Super x Trio

Primary Display: Aorus AD27QD (Display Port)

Secondary Display: hp 23xi (HDMI)

so the problem is, sometimes i get a very long boot till i get to login screen, 2 to 5min, sometimes, its just black screen and one time Video TDR Failure, and there are times when it boots into windows, but the screen resolution is all messed up, sometimes it simply doesn't detect one of the displays, i have to go to device manager and do scan for hardware changes, to detect my other display, then there is other that happens more often, i login, and i get my resolution set to 1280*720 instead of 2560*1440 and instead of extend these display setting, it's set to show only display 1.

i really don't know what to do, i don't know if it's a hardware problem, software, or both.

things i have tried already:

- reset windows

- update drivers and reinstalled many times

- switched DP port (tried all of them)

the solutions above, worked once or twice, but after a while, the issue returns.

:)

Jacko王俊, Oct 20, 2019

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Oct 20, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Display Setting's Reset on Boot

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Display Setting's Reset on Boot

1. Display Setting's Reset on Boot - Similar Threads - Display Setting's Reset

2. Taskbar setting reset on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar setting reset on boot: Windows 10: Right click your Taskbar and select the lowest option in the pop up menu Taskbar settings/ has an gear wheel icon. A Window opens with several boxes to select. The second box sets teh Taskbar to auto hide in desktop mode. This setting always resets on a restart. I...
  3. Taskbar setting reset on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar setting reset on boot: Windows 10: Right click your Taskbar and select the lowest option in the pop up menu Taskbar settings/ has an gear wheel icon. A Window opens with several boxes to select. The second box sets teh Taskbar to auto hide in desktop mode. This setting always resets on a restart. I...
  4. Taskbar setting reset on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot reset recommended Display Settings

Cannot reset recommended Display Settings: After experimenting with display scaling trying to match laptop with a second monitor, I cannot reset the recommended scaling. Hence, the laptop Desktop is lacking the vast majority of icons/links normally there. The second monitor shows the normal Desktop....
  6. reset display settings only??

reset display settings only??: Is there a way to reset my display settings and personalization settings without reseting the whole pc?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-display-settings-only/4cbef59b-b629-43e5-bf5f-f5f2d8d54dc0
  7. Unable to reset display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unable to reset display settings: A family member recently 'changed something' related to the Windows 10 display settings (don't ask !) Ever since the PC boots into Windows and shows a black screen. I'm reasonably technical and have tried some things I've found by searching, but nothing works. I can boot into...
  8. Unable to reset display settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to reset display settings: A family member recently 'changed something' related to the Windows 10 display settings (don't ask !) Ever since the PC boots into Windows and shows a black screen. I'm reasonably technical and have tried some things I've found by searching, but nothing works. I can boot into...
  9. Reset display settings

Reset display settings: I have s stupid problem that drives me crazy. A while ago, I have connected my TV via VGA cable to my laptop. I was using VG because my HDMI was too short. Anyway, everything was working just fine, and for no reason, once I tried to change refresh rate on my extended...
  10. Reset Display Settings

Reset Display Settings: Hello, when I stack my program windows or want to see them side by side they are never even and cleanly stacked. I think I might have messed this up. How can I reset the display settings so that the windows stack and show evenly side to side....