Windows 10: Display settings seem corrupt or something?

Discus and support Display settings seem corrupt or something? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey everyone,I really can't work out what's wrong with my computer. I just got it back after it was repaired trackpad was replaced but now the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JakeGriffiths2, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Display settings seem corrupt or something?

Hey everyone,I really can't work out what's wrong with my computer. I just got it back after it was repaired trackpad was replaced but now the display settings are messed up. I can't type into the start menu, I can't change my background because "Your background is currently turned off by Remote Desktop Connection." and the settings are acting really weird. Like, there's text above my brightness and colour scale that just says "%1!ws! %2!d!" and hovering over the scale doesn't say the brightness level, it instead says "Connect to a wireless display".

:)

JakeGriffiths2, Jul 28, 2021

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Display settings seem corrupt or something?

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Display settings seem corrupt or something?

1. Display settings seem corrupt or something? - Similar Threads - Display settings seem

2. My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines: this is not the only app this happens too, does anyone have an EASY fix? mainly with microsoft store downloaded items but not only them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-seems-to-be-corrupted-or-something-along/87dc3c47-be8f-44ae-85a3-e375a55c631c
  3. My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My app seems to be corrupted or something along those lines: this is not the only app this happens too, does anyone have an EASY fix? mainly with microsoft store downloaded items but not only them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-seems-to-be-corrupted-or-something-along/87dc3c47-be8f-44ae-85a3-e375a55c631c
  4. I have an image of something that seems to be stuck displaying on my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an image of something that seems to be stuck displaying on my screen.: This "Enter your search term" is just THERE on my screen regardless of program. This was a screenshot taken. It doesn't actually do anything and is not clickable.Help is appreciated!...
  5. I have an image of something that seems to be stuck displaying on my screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have an image of something that seems to be stuck displaying on my screen.: This "Enter your search term" is just THERE on my screen regardless of program. This was a screenshot taken. It doesn't actually do anything and is not clickable.Help is appreciated!...
  6. windows display settings are locked\corrupt

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows display settings are locked\corrupt: hi there is a problem showing display settings . it gets stuck .[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-display-settings-are-lockedcorrupt/71bc96e3-f40c-41c0-ad40-f337a8e51f7b
  7. Something going on with the display of Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Something going on with the display of Windows Settings?: Look at this image.... [img] Where is the Account Picture - Green arrow? Where is the "Windows Settings" text - it's gone? - Yellow arrow. Why does the icon show Windows Update - Update in Progress, if there is no Windows update? - Red Arrow. Strange. *Shock 161475
  8. TextInputFramework.dll seems to be corrupt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TextInputFramework.dll seems to be corrupt.: The TextInputFramework.dll file is causing Destiny 2 to crash. It doesn't cause the problem in any other game. I don't think it is a hardware issue as it only happens in Destiny when I try to open the chat. I have tried everything else I could find on the problem, but I...
  9. Computer Corrupt Or Something

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Corrupt Or Something: My computer will not reinstall windows 10 when I ask it to refresh. It always says no changes were made. Also recently the icons on desktop and taskbar don't show up when the computer starts for a long time. I've tried cmd scannow stuff and nothing happens. I've also tried...
  10. Path seems weird or corrupted (or something)

in Windows 10 Support
    Path seems weird or corrupted (or something): In the CLI, typing echo %path% >path.txt gets me a 3,709 long character file. In the file, about 3/4 down the path is repeated: PATH=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows; (literally) and it goes on. If I delete everything fro "Path=, etc. the path is 2,709 long. Now, if I go to...