Windows 10: Display settings shows 2 display while not connected to external monitor

Discus and support Display settings shows 2 display while not connected to external monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, i was checking my display settings while i encounter that my laptop is showing 2 displays without any external whatsoever. I checked my devices and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robertus Ruben, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Display settings shows 2 display while not connected to external monitor

Hi, i was checking my display settings while i encounter that my laptop is showing 2 displays without any external whatsoever. I checked my devices and found "Generic Monitor" connected which i dont know what is. I tried to disconnect it but my problem still persists. Also tried updating drivers and all but to no luck.

:)

Robertus Ruben, Feb 22, 2024
  2. Vivian_S Win User

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Feb 22, 2024
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Feb 22, 2024
  4. delpi767 Win User

Display settings shows 2 display while not connected to external monitor

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

delpi767, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Display settings shows 2 display while not connected to external monitor

1. Display settings shows 2 display while not connected to external monitor - Similar Threads - Display settings shows

2. Display settings shows 2 display while not connected to external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings shows 2 display while not connected to external monitor: Hi, i was checking my display settings while i encounter that my laptop is showing 2 displays without any external whatsoever. I checked my devices and found "Generic Monitor" connected which i dont know what is. I tried to disconnect it but my problem still persists. Also...
  3. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  4. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  5. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected: I bought a dual HDMI splitter I have 3 monitors laptop including as 1 monitor when I select settings to the multiple displays, the computer only recognizes 2 monitors. it then proceeds to have my two screen monitors mirror each other while having my lapton monitor screen as...
  6. Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2: Hello,I have an issue where my connected monitor is displayed as display 2:And a "Ghost display" that i can't even see or control is shown as display 1Now when I boot or update the pc I can only see the rendered screen when windows has been loaded.This also means I cannot go...
  7. Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer showing ghost display as Display 1. And my connected monitor as the Display 2: Hello,I have an issue where my connected monitor is displayed as display 2:And a "Ghost display" that i can't even see or control is shown as display 1Now when I boot or update the pc I can only see the rendered screen when windows has been loaded.This also means I cannot go...
  8. Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Display Dock not showing external monitor: Hi! So i have in my possession a Surface Display Dock which was originally use for Lumia Continuum. I'm plugging it into my Laptop (MSI, Core i7-8750H, GTX1650 Max-Q). The Dock has been detected and i can use the USB port on it for my Keyboard and mouse, The drivers are...
  9. External monitor display

External monitor display: MS Office app menu bar and ribbon text is huge on my second monitor. How do I make it smaller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-display/a7d43aa3-5e2c-4093-b089-97a901838bc7
  10. Connect No Display Laptop to external display

Connect No Display Laptop to external display: My Toshiba running laptop has display problem since the update of display driver. There were blue vertical lines on screen but now when I turn on the laptop, there's a black screen. I want to connect my laptop to my BRAVIA TV using HDMI cable. But there shows no signal and as...