Windows 10: Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2"

Discus and support Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys what is up dj diego back with another question haha lololoMy issue is with a Windows 10 VM running from Amazon Workspace. The setup is two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Diego13371337, Jul 8, 2024.

1. Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2"

Hey guys what is up dj diego back with another question haha lololoMy issue is with a Windows 10 VM running from Amazon Workspace. The setup is two monitors: one laptop and one normal display. Currently it's set to "show only on 2" in System > DisplayHowever, I want to set it to "Extend these displays".The problem arises when trying to change it to any other option on the dropdown menu. After confirming changes, it instantly changes back to "show only on 2".This issue only started happening when I got the laptop. The previous person had the same laptop and setup and it worked for him. Anyon

:)

Diego13371337, Jul 8, 2024

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 8, 2024
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 8, 2024
  4. David Haz Win User

Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2"

Windows 10 desktop stuck on display 2

Hello,

It could be that the your Display 2 is set as the main display when you connect multiple displays to your PC. You can set the main display in Windows 10 by following the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then select Settings
      > System > Display.
    • In Display, click Identify to identify your monitors. Your displays should be identified with a number.
    • After identifying your displays, click the number of the display in the
      Display
      settings, then click the check box beside Make this my main display.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Jul 8, 2024
Thema:

Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2"

1. Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2" - Similar Threads - Display Settings Stuck

2. Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2": Hey guys what is up dj diego back with another question haha lololoMy issue is with a Windows 10 VM running from Amazon Workspace. The setup is two monitors: one laptop and one normal display. Currently it's set to "show only on 2" in System > DisplayHowever, I want to set it...
  3. Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Settings: Stuck on "show only on 2": Hey guys what is up dj diego back with another question haha lololoMy issue is with a Windows 10 VM running from Amazon Workspace. The setup is two monitors: one laptop and one normal display. Currently it's set to "show only on 2" in System > DisplayHowever, I want to set it...
  4. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings: I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to the advance setting once while i had it set to "show only on 2" and tried to change the frame rate under the display setting...
  5. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings: I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to the advance setting once while i had it set to "show only on 2" and tried to change the frame rate under the display setting...
  6. Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only: Display 2 stutterRef: AORUS 17X-YD with attached external display Samsung 50” QN90B via HDMI 2.1 certified cable.Problem is that when the display setup Project is set to Display 2 only, the Desktop stutters/lags badly - moving a window around and scrolling is very stuttery...
  7. Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only: Display 2 stutterRef: AORUS 17X-YD with attached external display Samsung 50” QN90B via HDMI 2.1 certified cable.Problem is that when the display setup Project is set to Display 2 only, the Desktop stutters/lags badly - moving a window around and scrolling is very stuttery...
  8. Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only

9. How to reset "show only display 2" setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset "show only display 2" setting?: Hey! I've got a PC with Windows 10 and one monitor. I wanted to add a second monitor note that this one's an old 4:3 display w/ VGA cable. I bought an adapter from VGA to HDMI my graph card has 1 HDMI and 3 DP slots, one of the latter is for my main monitor. The first time I...
  10. Display won't 'Show only on 2'

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display won't 'Show only on 2': Hi, tldr; The new WQHD (3440 x 1440) monitor I bought yesterday isn't projecting its resolution from my laptop properly. ----- The laptop spec's : Asus ROG STRIX GL702VM-DB74 w/ Core i7-6700HQ, 16GB, 256GB SSD + 1TB, 17.3in FHD, GTX 1060, Win 10 at Memory Express The...