Windows 10: Display Settings tab crashes after around 10 seconds of being open.

Discus and support Display Settings tab crashes after around 10 seconds of being open. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The settings window works fine, but as soon as I enter the display settings window it seems to be a ticking time bomb before the whole window crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wheattt, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Wheattt Win User

Display Settings tab crashes after around 10 seconds of being open.

The settings window works fine, but as soon as I enter the display settings window it seems to be a ticking time bomb before the whole window crashes with no message or anything. This is making it incredibly difficult to do something that should be easy.

:)

Wheattt, Jun 6, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Win 10; Settings > Update & Security; will not stay open. The page displays for few seconds then Settings closes down completely.

*Original Title: Settings Win 10

Suggestions please. Win 10; Settings > Update & Security; will not stay open. The page displays for few seconds then Settings closes down completely. All other Settings pages display normally.

KeperraResident, Jun 6, 2020
  4. DaveLPG47 Win User

Windows Settings -- System -- Display crashes

Problem in Subject line above. Windows Settings opens OK and all other selections work except for System -- Display. When I click on that item, Settings crashes. Display is the first item on the System list, so when it tries to open it, down it goes.

If I right-click on Windows Start then choose System, it opens the System window to the About section, but when I click on Display, it crashes. All other items except Display work OK.

If I right-click on the desktop and choose "Display Settings" it starts to open the Settings window then it crashes, so no luck there.

Windows 10 - 1903 fully up to date as of today's date. I believe this problem started after I did the 1903 update a few months ago.

Is there another way to get to the "Display" settings?

DaveLPG47, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Display Settings tab crashes after around 10 seconds of being open. - Similar Threads - Display Settings tab

2. Laptop automatically opens after some seconds of it being closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop automatically opens after some seconds of it being closed: I have this thing that used to happen with my laptop whenever I close it for like maybe some seconds and I reopen it, it will not ask me for my password but I don't know why now it asks me for my password every time I do that is there a specific option to make it not ask me...
  3. Laptop automatically opens after some seconds of it being closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop automatically opens after some seconds of it being closed: I have this thing that used to happen with my laptop whenever I close it for like maybe some seconds and I reopen it, it will not ask me for my password but I don't know why now it asks me for my password every time I do that is there a specific option to make it not ask me...
  4. My Second Display Is Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Second Display Is Not Being Detected: so yesterday i decided i wanted to use my second monitor for a little bit again so went and grabbed it and was working fine, untill the next morning when it would not detect the monitor. so i did some googling and all the stuff i found essentially said to reinstall my gpu...
  5. System tab keeps crashing after going into Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tab keeps crashing after going into Settings: I go into settings from control panel and try to open up "system" but it just freezes and crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tab-keeps-crashing-after-going-into/5aa9c52f-199d-4789-86e5-79f070cc942e
  6. Settings -> Display -> Settings Crashes

Settings -> Display -> Settings Crashes: Windows Version 1909 I cannot access the display settings, all other settings including the ones in system and advanced display work. The app crashes whenever I click display or system....
  7. Display Settings for Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display Settings for Second Monitor: Display setting is not working for my second monitor since installing Windows 10 on my PC. It does not allow me to set up second monitor, please help. Have check driver set up, still not working....
  8. NO brightness tab in Display Settings

NO brightness tab in Display Settings: Hi. I couldn't find the brightness tab in my computer's Display Settings. Only the night mode option. How do I fix it? I am using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-brightness-tab-in-display-settings/da58e88b-c6a6-46fa-bb46-fe3e445ad4d1
  9. Win 10: Microsoft Store terminates seconds after being opened

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win 10: Microsoft Store terminates seconds after being opened: I can not access the store anymore. Are there prefs or cache-files that I should delete? Can I delete and reload the store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-microsoft-store-terminates-seconds-after/44eb0fc2-cffd-45bc-b938-633ec34be465"
  10. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82