Windows 10: Display Settings / Themes won't open Help

Discus and support Display Settings / Themes won't open Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New to the forums here and love all the info! I can't for the life of me figure out how to undo what I did (or disabled) in windows so that now when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Southpaw, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Southpaw Win User

Display Settings / Themes won't open Help

New to the forums here and love all the info!

I can't for the life of me figure out how to undo what I did (or disabled) in windows so that now when I right click the desktop and choose display settings it just closes and nothing happens. Or if I right click the desktop and click on personalize and click themes nothing happens and it just closes.

I do disable some services (avid gamer here) and I do have the Themes service running, but with so many services I don't know which ones are tied to those in particular, or if any.

Im currently running Windows Pro x64 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

Any help/info is highly appreciated!

:)

Southpaw, Sep 17, 2020
  2. TomJ123 Win User

Windows Themes opens 'Desktop Icon Settings'

I seem to be having a problem with opening Windows Themes as instead of the theme applying as soon as I click on the file, it is opening the 'Desktop Icon Settings' instead (see image). I've never had this problem in the past and have only noticed it since trying to download a new theme today.

I'm downloading the Themes from the Microsoft website and have checked that I am downloading compatible themes. The default app for opening the themes is currently set as 'Windows Shell Common Dll'.

Can anybody help as to suggest what's causing this to happen?

Thanks
    Display Settings / Themes won't open Help [​IMG]

TomJ123, Sep 17, 2020
  3. damtachoa Win User
    4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Display Settings / Themes won't open Help - Similar Threads - Display Settings Themes

2. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  3. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  4. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1
  5. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1
  6. Display Settings Won't Open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings Won't Open on Windows 10: When I try to open the "Display" tab in the "System" tab of the Windows 10 settings, it freezes for a second then closes. It does this if I try to access any of the options contained within from the search bar, such as change resolution and such.All of the other settings tabs...
  7. Settings won't open

Settings won't open: Hi, I recently just bought a surface pro, after a couple of updates I went to use it, but when I try to open settings, the settings logo comes up on the window but it just closes after a second. I tried pretty much everything I could find on other threads, switching accounts,...
  8. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings won't open: When I click on Windows logo and click on Settings, Settings doesn't open. I also did a search for Settings in the search box. It gave a list of settings that I could open but none of them opened the a Settings box when I clicked on them. How can I fix this?...
  9. Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed

Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed: I recently installed a new windows 10 update, after updating I reinstalled uxstyle and theme patcher, unfortunately when I go to settings > personalization > themes, settings crashes! Is there a solution or will I have to wait for an update? 86437
  10. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings won't open: The settings app won't open on my laptop running windows 10. I'm aware that this is a common problem but the troubleshooter released by microsoft doesn't work for me, as it fails to detect a problem. I'm also aware that there is an update to fix this issue, but I can't access...