Windows 10: Display Settings Won't Open on Windows 10

Discus and support Display Settings Won't Open on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to open the "Display" tab in the "System" tab of the Windows 10 settings, it freezes for a second then closes. It does this if I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steve11711, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Display Settings Won't Open on Windows 10

When I try to open the "Display" tab in the "System" tab of the Windows 10 settings, it freezes for a second then closes. It does this if I try to access any of the options contained within from the search bar, such as change resolution and such.All of the other settings tabs are fully functional except for this one.I've tried restarting, updating drivers, all the basic stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Steve11711, Jun 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2021
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 12, 2021
  4. damtachoa Win User

Display Settings Won't Open on Windows 10

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Display Settings Won't Open on Windows 10

1. Display Settings Won't Open on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Display Settings Won't

2. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  3. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  4. Windows settings won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings won't open: Hi, I tried to open the settings app on windows 10 today and it refuses to open, I have restarted Pc and also tried command prompts but nothing has fixed it, it just pops up and then closes immediately, I can't access updates, display settings or anything....
  5. Settings won't open in windows 10

Settings won't open in windows 10: From the last few days, the system setting won't open. And from last night even WhatsApp application doesn't even open. When I double click setting and whatsapp, it doesn't make any changes it remains the same as before double click. Please provide a solution for this, it...
  6. Display Settings / Themes won't open Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Settings / Themes won't open Help: New to the forums here and love all the info! I can't for the life of me figure out how to undo what I did (or disabled) in windows so that now when I right click the desktop and choose display settings it just closes and nothing happens. Or if I right click the desktop and...
  7. Windows 10 settings won't open.

Windows 10 settings won't open.: I ran the scannow in the command center, it found a corrupt file and I restarted my laptop. Still will not open settings control panel. I'm needing this fixed ASAP....
  8. My Settings won't open on windows 10

My Settings won't open on windows 10: I have a few issues with my MSI GL63 8RC laptop and I'm wanting to factory reset it to try and fix these problems, but it won't let me. It shows it open but then closes it after a few seconds....
  9. Settings won't open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Settings won't open in Windows 10: Start, Settings does nothing. Settings does not open. Otherwise Windows 10/Edge is great. 10963
  10. Cannot open Display Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open Display Settings in Windows 10: The problem here is simple or at least I THINK it is. There's no customization tab to change the ico look of the folders I want to change. I tried using Local Group Policy Editor, (Disable the Display Control Panel) didn't do anything I tried to also fix the issue by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 display settings wont open

2. windows 10 display setting wont open