Windows 10: Display settings wont open

Discus and support Display settings wont open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC running windows 11 suddenly decided my primary monitors resolution was 1080p, despite it being 2560p and historically working with no problems. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenjaminKaffel, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Display settings wont open

My PC running windows 11 suddenly decided my primary monitors resolution was 1080p, despite it being 2560p and historically working with no problems. I noticed the reduced resolution and opened up my display settings by right clicking on my desktop and selecting the option. The settings menu pops open and the gear icon is shown, but the display settings page doesnt work, it stays loading with the gear icon visible but never loads into the page.I tried to access display settings through the settings app itself, everything worked fine- apart from display settings, it would not open and the setti

:)

BenjaminKaffel, Mar 18, 2023

2. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Display settings wont open

Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Display settings wont open

1. Display settings wont open - Similar Threads - Display settings wont

2. Display settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings wont open: My PC running windows 11 suddenly decided my primary monitors resolution was 1080p, despite it being 2560p and historically working with no problems. I noticed the reduced resolution and opened up my display settings by right clicking on my desktop and selecting the option....
  3. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  4. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  5. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: I am trying to change the fresh rate of my monitor howevere when I attempt to go into Display Settings; the settings application crashes and will n ot let me change my refresh rate. Ivew had this problem for about a week but no solution has worked...
  7. Setting Wont open!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Wont open!!: Hello, Windows 10 v2004 x64 I click on settings and nothing happens *Banghead How am I going to update my Windows next patch Tuesday? I don't think I blocked it from my firewall, but what is the name of the service just to check? Last changes I did in my computer were...
  8. Display settings wont open

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display settings wont open: Hello, i just moved and for my new settup i changed the positioning of my first and sec screen. As i wanted to change the display position in windows my Displaysettings wouldnt open. Assoon i changed the settings via win+p to dublicate or only 1 screen they opend. When i...
  9. Display settings wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Display settings wont open: Hello, i just moved and for my new settup i changed the positioning of my first and sec screen. As i wanted to change the display position in windows my Displaysettings wouldnt open. Assoon i changed the settings via win+p to dublicate or only 1 screen they opend. When i...
  10. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: Click on gear win 10 get error when trying to open settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/settings-wont-open/40055783-c3a7-42ed-bb93-343a4a6e946f