Windows 10: display settings

Discus and support display settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; dell display was working fine until windows 10 update installed , now It wont let me set the max resolution for my monitor which is 1920 x 1200 . The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by george rupniak, Aug 12, 2019.

1. display settings

dell display was working fine until windows 10 update installed , now It wont let me set the max resolution for my monitor which is 1920 x 1200 . The max resolution does not appear in the drop down box and windows wont let any other driver install. It recommends I set the resolution to 1024 x 768 ! why ? I cant uninstall update either. Surely its up up to me which screen resolution I want to use and not Microsoft ? Fix this please

:)

george rupniak, Aug 12, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

display settings

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

display settings

1. display settings - Similar Threads - display settings

2. Extend Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extend Display Settings: Hello. I want to ask what to do with my laptop. The situation is that. . when I click on the 'Extend' in the projection settings, the one that will show up in my laptop screen is just the background wallpaper, while the one being projected is that which is should be on my...
  3. Return to default display settings after Windows 10 update

Return to default display settings after Windows 10 update: After the update, my whole display changed. I did go to settings to try to go back to the settings prior to update, but I made it worse. Help me to go back to default settings or remove the last update. Thanks...
  4. Display Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Settings: I've connected a TV screen to my PC, which has appeared as screen 2 in the image below. As I don't want it on most of the time, I wonder if there is a way to automate the changing of the "Multiple Displays" option indicated by the arrow. Ideally I'd like a shortcut on my...
  5. Display Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Settings: I've connected a TV screen to my PC, which has appeared as screen 2 in the image below. As I don't want it on most of the time, I wonder if there is a way to automate the changing of the "Multiple Displays" option indicated by the arrow. Ideally I'd like a shortcut on my...
  6. multi display settings win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multi display settings win10: Hello. From few days im trying to work out how to change display numbers. External screen is always 1 and main monitor always 2 so there is issue of windows+p switching. internal is tv and external as pc monitor. tried to turn it on only with pc monitor then coming up as...
  7. how to I re- calerbrate the display settings on a HP Lapto[p

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to I re- calerbrate the display settings on a HP Lapto[p: The display on my HP Laptop needs to re-celebrated hoe do I re-set the display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-re-calerbrate-the-display-settings-on-a/a04e8976-c067-4cb1-914e-2b0f5e040bad
  8. Getting error massage after doing right click - click on personalize or Display settings

Getting error massage after doing right click - click on personalize or Display settings: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello, When I am trying to go into personalize or Display settings, getting an error message which I have uploaded. If someone knows about this problem kindly help me. Thanking you....
  9. Laptop display settings

Laptop display settings: Hello, I am a little stuck due to the fact that my computer has changed its display settings into Urdu and although I have deleted Urdu as a language, it still is displaying in Urdu. Everything is all muddled up and I cannot understand half of what all the folders are...
  10. lost icons and cannot restote them using display or settings etc

lost icons and cannot restote them using display or settings etc: I wanted to restore to earlier date. There was none saved. but I had definitely had one. I used reset as it was suggested. it lost much data and made a mess of all settings. Now I cannot get the icons to show on desktop and desktop as I know it is missing. Windows 10 is...