Windows 10: Display settings

Discus and support Display settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using 2 Vizio TVs for my computer monitors. One is an older model with an HDMI cord and the other monitor uses a USB connection. On my older model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CPAchacha, Dec 14, 2019.

1. CPAchacha Win User

Display settings

I am using 2 Vizio TVs for my computer monitors. One is an older model with an HDMI cord and the other monitor uses a USB connection. On my older model Vizio I have not been able to find a display setting that allows me to full view my top icons nor my bottom icon/command ribbon. Having the top cutoff is not as problematic as the bottom ribbon. Does anyone have ideas on changes to my settings that will allow me to see the entire screen on the display?

:)

CPAchacha, Dec 14, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Display settings

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Display settings

1. Display settings - Similar Threads - Display settings

2. Oldies: what is best Display Driver & Setting for Q35 chipset E8400?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Oldies: what is best Display Driver & Setting for Q35 chipset E8400?: I have several HP and one Dell with the Q35 chipset and E8400 C2D, and only one of them ever 'looked' decent via onboard graphics on an average monitor. Another serves as a workstation in kitchen, with a Radeon 5450 card SSD lots of mem, looks terrific thanks to the card, and...
  3. Display setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display setting: I connected an monitor to my laptop. I wanted to change form 60 hz to 144 hz i tried changing it but it an appears an error that :- you may not have the administrative rights to do that. what should i do now NOTE: my microsoft acc logged into the pc is already an...
  4. Extended display screen frozen, but this display is not detected in the display settings

Extended display screen frozen, but this display is not detected in the display settings: Hi all, Recently come across an issue at work involving a laptop with 2 attached monitors using extended display. 1 display is frozen on a pdf doc and can't even hover the mouse to that screen. Strange thing is, when i open display settings, this display isn't even...
  5. Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It...: Laptop Power Plan Set to NEVER Turn-off Display or Go Standby When on Extern Power But It Still Turns-off Display or Goes Into Standby. Why do SO many Windows 10 Updates precipitate NEW problems like this one - and recently LOSS User Accounts, Wireless Adaptor problems,...
  6. set longer time for screen display

set longer time for screen display: How do I set the screen display to stay on longer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-longer-time-for-screen-display/b9aa5570-9991-49f7-99a5-32b1adfd0a61
  7. Is there any other way to open "Advanced display settings"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any other way to open "Advanced display settings": When i try to open it from the settings it crashes immediately. submitted by /u/creepjohn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqgrqd/is_there_any_other_way_to_open_advanced_display/
  8. Wireless Display settings, weird problem.

Wireless Display settings, weird problem.: Hi guys, So I got this weird problem. I tried to change the display settings of my tv, who I connected to my pc to view videos as I work on my pc. But it disconnected, and It won't connect anymore. But to change the settings back, it seems I need to connect. But that's...
  9. Cannot open display settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open display settings: Hello everyone I am having an issue on my Windows 10 machine where I cannot open displays settings, it flickers open, then crashes, I have tried a number of things to try to fix it including updating my video drivers, a lot of restarting, and a SFC scan, nothing has worked so...
  10. Query related to changing the settings for Display name of the sender in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Query related to changing the settings for Display name of the sender in Windows Mail app: Is there a way, when an email is addressed, to display only the first name? For reasons I do not understand, for some of my family members this already happens, even though their entries in People display their first and last names. ***Original title: Windows 10 Mail and...